Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Killing in the name of. Plus: Blackhawks' House Money Running Out; The Infectious Cardinals Way; More Cubs Truths Emerge; The Return Of Ricky Rentamanager; Kollege Football Kills; Bye, Bye Boylen; More Bears Truths!; Sky & Fire; and The Weight Of Gold.
:33: Blackhawks' House Money Running Out.
* Powers, The Athletic: Defensive Breakdowns Around Net Continue To Plague Blackhawks.
* Lazerus, The Athletic: It's Time For Alex DeBrincat To Step Up Before Blackhawks Get Swept Out.
7:42: The Infectious Cardinals Way.
* Screwing both Chicago teams.
* Rhodes: "I'm not enjoying this season. It's too infectious. The season is too infectious to enjoy."
9:05: More Cubs Truths Emerge.
* Gonzales, Tribune: Ian Happ Seizes CF Job.
* Albert Almora MIA.
* Bernstein, The Score: Hoyer: Cubs 'Always Looking To Bolster Bullpen.'
* Wittenmyer, NBC Sports Chicago: Why Cubs Say 'Nothing's Going To Faze Us Now' After Historic 12-3 Start.
* Sharma, The Athletic: How Kris Bryant Is Tapping Into His Natural Athleticism At Third Base.
* Mooney, The Athletic: 'I'm El Mago' - Javy Báez And The Back-To-Basics Approach For The Red-Hot Cubs.
* Will Venable: "On September 6, 2017, he was named a Special Assistant to Chicago Cubs President Theo Epstein. He served as the first base coach of the Chicago Cubs in 2018 and 2019. He was shifted to third base coach for the Cubs, prior to the 2020 season."
23:34: The Return Of Ricky Rentamanager.
* Wallenstein: Pitchers Can't Catch.
26:41: Kollege Football Kills.
* Mull, The Atlantic: College Football Is Falling Apart.
* Hagar Holtz The Horrible:
Lou Holtz tells Fox News that college football needs to play amid coronavirus pandemic this fall: "Let's move on with our life! When they stormed Normandy, they knew there were going to be casualties -- there were going to be risks." pic.twitter.com/zZZ5qrFRFb— Justin Baragona (@justinbaragona) August 11, 2020
36:40: Bye, Bye Boylen.
* ESPN: Bulls Finally Fire Boylen.
38:25 More Bears Truths!
* The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #316: Breaking Bears Truths! (41:56).
* Dickerson, ESPN: Bears' Roquan Smith Is Rejuvenated After Mediocre 2019.
42:06: Sky & Fire.
42:32: The Weight Of Gold.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Seriously, I was betting against the desk, at good prices.Continue reading "TrackNotes: Punditry As A Handicapping Tool" »
Posted on Apr 30, 2021
It is an illusion that newspaper newsrooms in those days were bastions of free-thinking liberals. They weren't.Continue reading "Why We Hated Ali - And Then Loved Him" »
Posted on Apr 28, 2021
Dodged a bullet.Continue reading "Superleague Failure Good For The Women's Game" »
Posted on Apr 27, 2021
Nicky Two Strikes, Yaz and the Yerminator.Continue reading "Catching Fire" »
Posted on Apr 26, 2021