Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Coach ascends to legendary status despite general dickishness. Plus: Roger Goodell Is An Evil, Bumbling Bore; Patriots Hate; For Some Reason Super Bowl Commercials Are Now Released The Week Before The Game; The 11th Annual (More Or Less) Beachwood Super Bowl Halftime Show Prop Bet: Maroon 5 Edition; and The Rams Will Also Reportedly Be At The Game. And: Silent Collusion Is Still Collusion; The Ex-Cub Factor; Bulls Tank Already Accomplished Thanks To New Lottery Rules; and Polar Vortex Game Is Event Of Loyola's Season.
* Wesleyan vs. Tulane.
* Thompson Twins vs. Coldplay.
3:05: The Bill Belichick Bowl.
* Washington Post: Belichick Makes Brady Study Punt Coverages; It Helps Explain Patriots' Reign.
* Washington Post: The Patriots' Secret Is Focusing On The Details. Every. Last. Detail.
* Marietta Daily Journal: Patriots Special Teams Ace Matthew Slater Follows Hall Of Fame Father's Path.
* Evan Silva:
It's a microcosm of the real world, good and bad. What makes the storytelling reach its 2019 peak is the differentiation between the half-stepping clowns & and the full-step creators.— Evan Silva (@evansilva) January 30, 2019
Many, many things must go right for one team to dominate a pro sport for 20 years in a salary capped league.— Evan Silva (@evansilva) January 30, 2019
Foremost among them: a majority of their competitors content hovering around suck with a ceiling of mediocrity.
Imagine adjusting for opponent strengths & weaknesses. Novel concept. What winners do. https://t.co/UA4IKm5fth— Evan Silva (@evansilva) January 31, 2019
12:43: Roger Goodell Is An Evil, Bumbling Bore.
* Sports Business Daily: Goodell Hears Sharp Criticism For By-The-Book SB Press Conference.
16:24: Patriots Hate.
29:38: For Some Reason Super Bowl Commercials Are Now Released The Week Before The Game.
* This is your Super Bowl Must-Read.
42:02: Rams Will Reportedly Also Be At The Game.
* Who cares.
55:10: Silent Collusion Is Still Collusion.
* Bryce Harper and Manny Machado remain unsigned; should take control of their own destiny.
1:02:22: The Ex-Cub Factor.
* Featuring Micah Bowie, Jose Hernandez, Juan Pierre, Mike Olt, Justin Wilson and Drew Smyly.
1:08:23: Blackhawks Need To Win 10 In A Row Before We Discuss Them Again.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Seriously, I was betting against the desk, at good prices.Continue reading "TrackNotes: Punditry As A Handicapping Tool" »
Posted on Apr 30, 2021
It is an illusion that newspaper newsrooms in those days were bastions of free-thinking liberals. They weren't.Continue reading "Why We Hated Ali - And Then Loved Him" »
Posted on Apr 28, 2021
Dodged a bullet.Continue reading "Superleague Failure Good For The Women's Game" »
Posted on Apr 27, 2021
Nicky Two Strikes, Yaz and the Yerminator.Continue reading "Catching Fire" »
Posted on Apr 26, 2021