Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Len Kasper is moving from the Cubs' TV booth to the White Sox' radio booth - supposedly because of his all-consuming love of radio.
But the Beachwood Sports Desk has learned otherwise. Our investigation has uncovered the real reasons behind Kasper's move.
* Didn't want to work on Ricketts' bison farm in offseason anymore.
* Could no longer tolerate Jim Deshaies' dislike of Pearl Jam.
* At this stage of life, he's downsizing.
* Couldn't pass up opportunity to work with Tony La Russa.
* Wasn't allowed to wear Jerry Garcia ties on the air.
* Only way to get out of weekly hits with Bernstein.
* Only way to get out of weekly lunches with Crane Kenney.
* Could no longer resist the siren call of Guaranteed Rate Field.
* In recent divorce, wife got the Cubs.
* Sinclair's Marquee Network finally went too far when they ordered him to do play-by-play of Rudy Giuliani's election challenges.
* Time to be pleasantly mediocre on the other side of town.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Seriously, I was betting against the desk, at good prices.Continue reading "TrackNotes: Punditry As A Handicapping Tool" »
Posted on Apr 30, 2021
It is an illusion that newspaper newsrooms in those days were bastions of free-thinking liberals. They weren't.Continue reading "Why We Hated Ali - And Then Loved Him" »
Posted on Apr 28, 2021
Dodged a bullet.Continue reading "Superleague Failure Good For The Women's Game" »
Posted on Apr 27, 2021
Nicky Two Strikes, Yaz and the Yerminator.Continue reading "Catching Fire" »
Posted on Apr 26, 2021