Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
* Winning two in a row seems like an accident.
* You go to closer-by-subcommittee.
* You have Blake Lalli and Koyie Hill on the same roster.
* Memorial Day is for reflecting on a season already lost.
* Your best pitcher has a 2.14 ERA and is winless in eight starts.
* Joe Mather is your No. 3 hitter.
* Alfonso Soriano is your highest-paid player.
* Your owner has a rich, bigoted daddy whose money bought the team.
* Rafael Dolis was your closer until he got demoted - to AAA.
* Your manager's nickname is Nuts.
* Your best rookie is 29 years old.
* He platoons with Jeff Baker.
* Your third baseman's batting average is less than his weight.
* You just held a tear-filled retirement ceremony for a pitcher whose lifetime record is 86-75.
* That's more games than the entire team will win this year.
* You're in the first year of rebuilding 104 years after your last World Series win.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
If this is what terrorism looks like, then I'm affected.Continue reading "The Plot Against America - And Me" »
Posted on Aug 21, 2017
Apparently all is forgiven. Plus: This Just Does Not Seem Like The Cubs' Year; Kenny, Ozzie, Jerry & Ricky; Chicago's Best Sports Columnist Somehow Under The Radar After Long, Distinguished Career; and Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #166: Bears Psychosis Grips City" »
Posted on Aug 19, 2017
At age 29, his blacklisting may well amount to a life sentence, for no crime other than having a social conscience.Continue reading "Why Colin Kaepernick Matters" »
Posted on Aug 16, 2017