Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Though the Bears fought to the end, they missed a chance to move to the post-season because they forgot to win the last game. Upon further review, this isn't the only thing they forgot to do this year.
* Players forgot to ignore the advice from teammate and ex-Lions player Kevin Jones.
* Front office staff forgot to acquire a competent back-up to the oft-injured safety Mike Brown.
* The NFL forgot to schedule the Bears/Lions match-up a third time so the Bears could reach 10 wins.
* Defensive Coordinator Bob Babich accidentally yelled "missed tackles will keep your job around here" too many times.
* Coach Silent Smith forgot to turn on the team's mind-reading helmets so the players could receive his instructions.
* Front office staff forgot to acquire a competent back-up to Kyle Orton.
* Brian Urlacher forgot to pick his kid up from day-care.
* Front office staff forgot to acquire a competent wide receiver.
* Lance Briggs forgot to report a traffic accident. Or was that last year? We forget.
* George Halas forgot to roll over in his grave.
Over/Under: Will appear on Friday with playoff picks.
Fantasy Fix: Next year's draft already shaping up.
Eric Emery grew up in small-town Illinois but has an irrational love of the Pittsburgh Steelers. Every week he writes The Blue & Orange Kool-Aid Report and Over/Under. You can send him love letters and hate mail and he will respond graciously.More from Beachwood Sports »
Will Bob Baffert ever go away? Churchill Downs Inc.: It's just what they do. Dickie D. dead. Cliches can shape your biorhythms. Double-teaming justice. You look just like. We asked one person, me.Continue reading "TrackNotes: Back To The Future" »
Posted on Jan 28, 2022
Electric, indefatigable and, finally, undenied.Continue reading "Minnie Miñoso Was Very, Very Good To Us" »
Posted on Dec 9, 2021