Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
By Eric Emery
For even I had drunk from the Pimp Cup of Culterdom, the Holy Kool-Aid Grail promising deliverance from the wilderness.
Seemed like a good idea at the time.
* Jay Cutler is arrested for beating up a cab driver over 10 cents, making him twice as nuts as Patrick Kane.
* Brian Urlacher is caught playing softball with Carlos Zambrano; blames the media for ensuing uproar.
* Lovie Smith develops a third expression to "The slight smirk because things aren't looking good" and "Holy shit I don't know what I'm doing." This one will be called "Who the hell is calling these plays?"
* Devin Hester adds a cape to his uniform.
* Nate Vasher unhooks the plow behind him so he can actually cover somebody.
* Matt Forte earns his doctorate in genetics, clones himself, and uses his clones to run the ball after he gets tired.
* Tommie Harris does at least one thing in a game that gets a mention from the announcers outside of "Is Tommie Harris playing today?"
* Patrick Mannelly shuts down his Long Snapper website to start FakeKicksI'llNeverCallAgain.com.
Steelers at Bears
Storyline: Both teams represent blue-collar cities. Both teams have a blue-collar work ethic. Both cities like fatty food.
Reality: It is no longer the 70s.
Prediction: Steelers Minus 3, Under 38 Points Scored
Sugar in the Blue and Orange Kool-Aid: 55%
Recommended Sugar in the Blue and Orange Kool-Aid: So little, the FDA would not require you to disclose it as an ingredient on the packaging.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Will Bob Baffert ever go away? Churchill Downs Inc.: It's just what they do. Dickie D. dead. Cliches can shape your biorhythms. Double-teaming justice. You look just like. We asked one person, me.Continue reading "TrackNotes: Back To The Future" »
Posted on Jan 28, 2022
Electric, indefatigable and, finally, undenied.Continue reading "Minnie Miñoso Was Very, Very Good To Us" »
Posted on Dec 9, 2021