Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Epic PR fail reminiscent of bad old days. Plus: Tommy Boy LaStella To Sell His Brake Pads In Des Moines; The Adam Warren Commission; Chris The Tank Engine; The Bears Are Already Grinding Coach Coffman's Gears; and Olympic Gamesmanship.
:24: Tommy Boy LaStella To Sell His Brake Pads In Des Moines.
I don't understand the world anymore. https://t.co/YZxYeavTJW— Beachwood Reporter (@BeachwoodReport) July 29, 2016
Why? Why Coghlan? https://t.co/KgAsrFph9X— marty gangler (@beachwoodmarty) July 29, 2016
* A Bitter Betty.
* Perhaps this has something to do with it:
#MLBFantasy Cubs manager Joe Maddon said Friday that Dexter Fowler is "not 100 percent over the soreness."— dailyMLBfantasy (@dailyMLBfantasy) July 29, 2016
* The Cubs are carrying three catchers and 13 pitchers, which shortens their bench considerably, though one catcher is also a left fielder, which, just makes this move all the more perplexing.
* Rhodes: "The contract's in the belly, it's eaten, it's now coming out the other end."
5:20: Aroldis Chapman Already Putting The K Back In The Kubs.
* To wit:
Out of respect for his family, Chapman will not take questions about his domestic violence suspension. https://t.co/WddFO8II0U— Beachwood Reporter (@BeachwoodReport) July 25, 2016
Even when Cubs PR interjects to help Chapman, he says he just woke up & was "trying to remember" expectation talk: pic.twitter.com/ZJ3bzqXyOK— Dan Werly (@WerlySportsLaw) July 27, 2016
My heart goes out to the PR person tasked with writing a statement for Aroldis Chapman in two languages only to have him go ¯\_(ツ)_/¯— (((Jesse Spector))) (@jessespector) July 26, 2016
* Just two months ago: Chapman Still Says He Did Nothing Wrong.
* Rhodes vs. Haugh:
@BeachwoodReport Yeah, that's the real problem.— David Haugh (@DavidHaugh) July 25, 2016
He said no. He took a shower. Then said yes with some nudging from Cubs PR and his buddy https://t.co/74r5vrlwwu— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) July 28, 2016
Let's face it that phone call wasn't likely going to change anything. For PR more than anything but hey they have to cross the T's etc.— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) July 26, 2016
So it was just to fool the public, and as a reporter covering the team I'm fine with that.
* He's always thrown in triple digits - in public!
28:23: The Adam Warren Commission.
35:05 Chris The Tank Engine.
* Trade Sale, Quintana, Robertson, Cabrera and whoever else for position player prospects who are major-league ready, or close to it, then sign a couple big-time free agent pitchers in the offseason and you're good to go!
* It was the Phillies:
Teams talking to Phillies about Jeremy Hellickson say they want "one of your top 5 prospects" - or they'll keep him & take the draft pick— Jayson Stark (@jaysonst) July 27, 2016
* Sale sucks.
* Pup McPhee.
* Fluish Floyd.
* O'Shea: Ex-Bears Abound On Fantasy Top 20.
58:26: Olympic Gamesmanship.
* HBO's Real Sports: The Real (And Human) Cost Of The Olympics.
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Convenient competing narratives.Continue reading "All Is Not Forgiven, John Fox & Co." »
Posted on Dec 11, 2017