Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Cubs can pick any eight players and put 'em at any position and they'll win. Plus: Crane Kenney, Still Employed By Cubs, Strikes Again; Rahm Emanuel Is The Crane Kenney Of Mayors; Dusty Cannot Be Trustied; Rogers!; Ding Dong Danks; Leicester vs. Lester, and much, much more!
* The One Dog.
4:20 Cubs Pick Any Eight Players, Win.
19:46: Cubs Contract Chasms.
* Jake Arrieta.
* Theo Epstein.
24:30: Crane Kenney, Still Employed By Cubs, Strikes Again.
* Kenney at 27:07: EVERY FAMILY WHO STAYS IN THE CITY INSTEAD OF MOVING TO THE SUBURBS IS BEING IRRESPONSIBLE BECAUSE OF THE SCHOOLS. Every rich white family, I suppose he means.
28:54: Rahm Emanuel Is The Crane Kenney Of City Government.
* Hell hath no fury like entitled rich people scorned.
Rich Couple Denied The Only Location They Were Willing To Accept In Second City In A Row Throw Fit, Threaten To Repeat Drama In Third State.— Beachwood Reporter (@BeachwoodReport) May 3, 2016
34:25: Cubs Kill Late Friday Afternoon Start Times. Kenney!
38:43: In Dusty We Can't Stand.
* FYI, Dusty's bullpen that year was Joe "Beer Can" Borowski (33 of the team's 36 saves, 2.0 WAR; Hector Rondon had 30 saves last year, 2.2 WAR), Kyle Farnsworth, Mike Remlinger, Antonio Alfonseca and Mark Guthrie.
* FYI, Cubs payroll rank in 2003: 11th. Cubs payroll rank in 2015: 13th.
* Dusty cannot be trustied.
* Don't forget: Dusty Baker is the reason why Steve Stone is now in the White Sox booth and not the Cubs booth where he belongs. (And Crane Kenney is probably the reason why Bob Brenly is in the Diamondbacks booth and not the Cubs booth, where he belongs.)
Baker will take 4 diff teams to the playoffs but yeah he can't manage according to many in Chi. https://t.co/e4nETkAKGw— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) May 4, 2016
* Reminder: Baker sat at home for two years despite trying to inject himself into various managerial openings because no one was interested in being the fourth team to fire him.
* Coach goes off on ESPN fanboy.
43:57: Oh Yeah, The White Sox.
* Cubs should loan White Sox a starter every fifth day.
* Ding Dong Danks.
* Bernstein: White Sox Should Find A Lefty Bat.
51:33: Lucky Lester.
* Not funny.
54:13: Pirates Disclaimer.
57:27: Hoyer, Yes; Tight Ends, No.
1:03:20: Everton vs. Lestah!
* The Cubs of England.
* Leicester vs. Lester:
Leicester: Wins first.
Lester: Can't throw to first.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Was it the "Ricky's Boys Don't Quit" t-shirts? Or the opportunity to see if the Sox could break out of their slump at home where their record was 3-15?Continue reading "Some Fans Don't Quit" »
Posted on May 21, 2018
Tom's Magic Eight Ball sez . . .Continue reading "TrackNotes: Two Down For Justify. One To Go?" »
Posted on May 20, 2018
Meanwhile, Mad Joe Maddon is driving us mad. Plus: Bulls: We Stanks; Captain Kane; Ryan Pace Still Sucks; Last Year Was Supposed To Be Rock Bottom; Mike Trout, GOAT?; C'mon, Ricky, More Nicky!; and Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #201: Much Ado About Machado" »
Posted on May 18, 2018