Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
A 2015/2016 review/preview. Including: Being The Blackhawks; Cartoon Cubs; As The Bulls Turn; Not Bowled Over By John Fox; Let's Talk About The
White Sox Cubs; The City's Most Inconsequential Franchise; and Party Of The Year.
* Willie Gault.
3:00: Being The Blackhawks.
* Key moment of 2015: Patrick Kane's injury.
* Key for 2016: Patrick Kane's new line.
* Rosenbloom: When Will Blackhawks Trade To Fill Their Holes?
14:14: Cartoon Cubs.
* Key moment of 2015: One-game playoff win against the Pirates.
* Key for 2016: A fourth starter not named Hendricks or Hammel.
* FanGraphs: The Cubs As The Best Team In Baseball.
36:25: As The Bulls Turn.
* Key moment of 2015: Championship window closes.
* Key for 2016: Championship window opens.
50:32: Not Bowled Over By John Fox.
* Key moment of 2015: Not drafting a quarterback.
* Key for 2016: Drafting a quarterback.
58:12: Let's Talk About The
White Sox Cubs.
* Key moment of 2015: Not firing Robin Ventura.
* Key for 2016: Firing Robin Ventura.
* Olney: The Problem With Tanking In Baseball.
1:06:40: Our Chicago Player Of The Year.
* Runner-up: DePaul basketball.
* Most Illinois: University of Illinois.
1:08:36: Party Of The Year.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
If this is what terrorism looks like, then I'm affected.Continue reading "The Plot Against America - And Me" »
Posted on Aug 21, 2017
Apparently all is forgiven. Plus: This Just Does Not Seem Like The Cubs' Year; Kenny, Ozzie, Jerry & Ricky; Chicago's Best Sports Columnist Somehow Under The Radar After Long, Distinguished Career; and Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #166: Bears Psychosis Grips City" »
Posted on Aug 19, 2017
At age 29, his blacklisting may well amount to a life sentence, for no crime other than having a social conscience.Continue reading "Why Colin Kaepernick Matters" »
Posted on Aug 16, 2017