Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Media narratives are not your friend. Plus: The Bears Stay The Course; Cubs At Peak Betting Value; Dusty Hoiberg; Patrick Kane Not Vindicated; Kane D.A. Shows Caveman Colors; Blackhawks Blues; and Wearing Kane's Jersey.
4:00: Bears Stay The Course.
* Meanwhile, Journesia Strikes Bears Reporters, Who Have Forgotten Who Jay Cutler Is.
* Bears Coaches Haven't Forgot.
Seems like he could've just run for the corner, sorry.
* Greg Gabriel.
32:15: Like Jay Cutler, Derrick Rose Is Back!
* 2015: College Coaches Now Wanted By NBA.
* Dusty Hoiberg.
49:44: Patrick Kane Is [Not] Vindicated.
* Haugh: "Of all the e-mails that stuffed my inbox Thursday staunchly defending Blackhawks star Patrick Kane's honor and innocence, the most fascinating came in a 462-word doozy on official letterhead. Let's say Frank from Buffalo sent it.
"The totality of the credible evidence - the proof - does not sufficiently substantiate the complainant's allegation that she was raped by Patrick Kane, and this so-called 'case' is rife with reasonable doubt,'' the boldest part of the statement said.
OK, Frank from Buffalo was really Erie County District Attorney Frank A. Sedita III. And though he didn't use a frown emoji or ALL CAPS to type "so-called case," his message was loud and clear - especially loud.
Projecting the persona of a sports-talk radio caller, Sedita used unusually pointed language to announce Kane will not face rape charges after an exhaustive three-month investigation. Thus, a case full of unexpected twists and turns came to an appropriately inappropriate end with Sedita's sardonic tone making the next alleged victim of sexual assault even more reluctant to come forward for fear of public backlash.
The rest of Haugh's piece we can do without, but that opening nails it.
* On Tuesday, Sedita won a 14-year term on the New York Supreme Court.
* Sedita: Kane Has A Pattern Of Being "Very Overserved."
WGRZ-TV Interview Part 1:
* Coffman: "Castles of supposition based on incomplete facts."
1:04:15: Blackhawks Blues; Wearing Kane's Jersey.
* Correction: Four women on the jury.
1:08:43: Go Black Squirrels!
* Correction: We're actually under 76 minutes. Dammit.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Don't think this is as far as Loyola can go - the brackets are breaking their way.Continue reading "SportsMonday: Sweet Seeds" »
Posted on Mar 19, 2018
And the ubiquitous phrase he used to do it.Continue reading "The Man Who Made March Madness A Monster Moneymaker" »
Posted on Mar 16, 2018
Starring Jonah Hill as Bo Rambler. Plus: New Bears Free Agent Haul Replaces Old Bears Free Agent Haul; Score Card; Grimm Reaper; White Sox Boo-Boos; Fire Fail; Tick-Tock, Blackhawks Clock; and Diva Delle Donne.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #192: Let's Go Hobos!" »
Posted on Mar 16, 2018