Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Team hid Jeremiah Ratliff's mass murder threat in latest cover-up. Plus: A Cubs Post Post-Mortem: Not Yet Royal; Dominican Republic Dominates; Bulls' Black Cloud Lifts; and Wait 'Til Next Year For The Blackhawks?
1:05: Cubs Post-Post-Mortem: Not Yet Royal.
* MLB: "While it is thought by many that baseball was first introduced to the Dominican Republic by United States Army soldiers stationed there, it was actually its Caribbean neighbor, Cuba, which brought the sport to the shores of the country.
"Although baseball was becoming very popular and widespread throughout Cuba in the early 1860s, the Ten Years War (1868-1878) forced many of Cuba's most passionate baseball fans to flee the country. Many of these individuals found solace on the shores of the Dominican Republic, where they attempted to introduce the sport to the island's natives in the late 1880s and early 1890s . . . "
* Lorenzo Cain scores from first in Game 6 of the 2015 ALCS:
Enos Slaughter scores from first in Game 7 of the 1946 World Series:
* South Side Sox:The Tawdry And Tangled History Of The White Sox In Latin America.
13:50: Bears Hid Jeremiah Ratliff's Mass Murder Threat.
* Kraft clarification: "Kraft began his professional career with the Rand-Whitney Group, a Worcester-based packaging company run by his father-in-law Jacob Hiatt. In 1968, Kraft gained control of the company through a leveraged buyout. He still serves as this company's chairman."
* Daniel Snyder: "In 1989, Snyder and his sister Michelle founded a wallboard advertising (the sale of advertisements placed on boards inside buildings) company with seed money from his father, who took a second mortgage on his property in England, and his sister, who maxed out her credit cards at $35,000. They concentrated on wallboards in doctors' offices (where there was a captive audience) and colleges. They married the advertisement with the distribution of product samples - such as soaps and packages of medicine - to differentiate themselves from their competitors. The company was named Snyder Communications LP. The business was a great success and Snyder and his sister grew the business organically and through acquisitions and expanded its activities to all aspects of outsourced marketing, including direct marketing, database marketing, proprietary product sampling, sponsored information display in prime locations, call centers, and field sales."
33:45: Bulls' Black Cloud Lifts.
* Bernstein: Bulls' Offense Suits Mirotic.
* Pau Gasol's Game-Saving Block Of LeBron James:
46:24: Wait 'Til Next Year For The Blackhawks?
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »