Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
If Kris Bryant's demotion is about service time, Theo is lying to reporters - and they're going along with the lie instead of calling him out for it. If it's not about service time, our genius commentariat is not only getting the story wrong, but defending Theo for something he isn't doing because he agrees with the fans they are calling dolts.
Plus: The Easier, Cheaper, Better White Sox; Deja Derrick Rose; Patrick Kane Is Derrick Rose In An Alternate Universe; Sports Economics For Dummies; We Thank Roberto Garza For His Service; Go Sparty! Fuck 'Em Bucky!; and Chicago Fire Averaging A Goal A Week!
* The Utah Tabernacles could've just been called the Nacs for short.
5:10: The Cubs Continue To Grind Coach's Gears.
* From Rizzo to Ricketts.
If it's about service time, Theo is lying to reporters - and they're going along with the lie instead of calling him out for it. If it's not about service time, our genius commentariot is not only getting the story wrong, but defending Theo for agreeing with the dolts they are criticizing for not getting it.
* The Junior G-Men.
* Barry Rozner & Co. are more concerned with the billionaire Ricketts family's financial well-being than the interests of fans paying the freight.
* Bye Bye Baez.
* Strikes out faster than anyone!
24:32: The Easier, Cheaper, Better White Sox.
28:36: Deja Derrick Rose.
* David Brooks: Converting The Ayatollahs.
32:55: Kane Is The Anti-Rose.
39:10: Sports Economics For Dummies.
* Silver spoon owners.
* Immense profits.
* Biggest player contracts are still bargains.
* The Ricketts' don't care about your pocketbook, why should you care about theirs?
* LaStella! LaStella!
* Documentary pitch: Playing Center.
51:50: Go Sparty! Fuck 'Em, Bucky!
* Illinois Is In - And Out - Of The Big Dance: Locals in the Spotlight.
57:48: Chicago Fire Averaging A Goal A Week!
* Bury them in Bridgeview.
STOPPAGE TIME: :08
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
The first year of The Rebuild/Is now in the past/But it wasn't so awful/The Sox didn't finish last.Continue reading "The Season In Verse | It Could Have Been Worse" »
Posted on Oct 2, 2017