Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Pols pander; Ponce punts. The Jackie Robinson West charade continues. Plus: Let The Combine Begin! And: Bulls Sit Tight While Rest Of The NBA Goes Trade Crazy; A Pall Over The Blackhawks; Baseball Players Report To Work; and Illini Golf Beats The Cold To Lead The Nation.
* Curtis Enis.
* Newsweek: God On The 50-Yard Line.
7:05: Phil Ponce Punts On JRW.
* JRW lawyer Victor Henderson says tentacles stretch to Las Vegas, Indiana and Pennsylvania, but then say no boundary violations have been found in any of those places. That's just where games were played and decisions were made. No follow-up.
* Mistakes made! This was a purposeful scheme including backdated, forged maps and a cover-up! Ponce lets it go.
* If everybody does it, why hasn't anyone else been caught?
* "I can't say race played a role, but I can't say it didn't either!"
* "After all, this team is named after Jackie Robinson!"
* Henderson is a clown; Ponce lets him be.
* Henderson doesn't want race to be an issue. Has he told Jesse Jackson and Michael Pfleger that?
* Unasked: What would be the appropriate penalty for half a team of ineligible players poached from both city and suburban districts followed by forged and backdated maps and engaging other officials to enact a cover-up?
* Somehow Jon Burge enters this discussion.
* Thanks for stopping by and bullshitting while I just sat here like a lump!
* Punishment doesn't fit the crime? At least six of the team's 13 players didn't live in the district.
* Multiple cheating schemes, including fraud and forgery. A backdated forged map! Enlisting other officials in the cover-up!
* Hometown heroes! (Shhhh!)
* It was the scheme involving city kids, not suburban kids, that rung them up.
* Meghan Trainor!
16:30: Let The Combine Begin!
* Is there anything too mundane for the NFL to turn into an event?
* The real event is behind the scenes.
* Brian Hoyer's played for three teams, but that's not the point.
FYI: When you see listed #NFLCombine heights, 6053 = 6-5 3/8. 5116 = 5-11 3/4. 6004 = 6-0 1/2. Last number is always eighths of an inch.— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) February 19, 2015
Just saw a story ranking #NFLCombine winners and losers based on media interviews. Ok.— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) February 20, 2015
Will it be televised?
39:17: Bulls Calm In Eye Of NBA Trading Storm.
* Kobe Bryant as Jiminy Cricket.
* Briggs and Tillman are done.
* Cappie played for Marshall.
52:03: Blackhawks Pall.
* NHL trade deadline is March 2.
56:44: Baseball Players Report To Work.
* Mike Small.
STOPPAGE TIME: :22.
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
The NFL's decision to allow fans at games enabled us to examine the potential influence that large sports events can have on local viral transmission. Although we could not definitively assess cause and effect, the results were striking.Continue reading "The NFL's COVID Warning For Baseball" »
Posted on Apr 7, 2021
From the Pecos League to the record books.Continue reading "The Yerminator Has Landed" »
Posted on Apr 5, 2021