Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Deflections and denial. Plus: David Ross Week; The White Sox Are Also Playing; Boylen Not Over; Breaking Bears Truths!; Sky & Fire; Smashville; 22-Year Temper Tantrum Approaches Endgame, and more!
1:13: Blackhawks Make Playoffs Again.
* Second time this season!
* Powers and Lazerus, The Athletic: Observations From The Blackhawks' Game 3 Win.
* Lynch, Blackhawk Up: 3 Takeaways From Game 4 Win Against Oilers.
* King, NBC Sports Chicago: How The Blackhawks Upset The Oilers In The Stanley Cup Qualifiers.
* Rhodes: The cardboard fans went crazy!
* Eckardt: Burst into flames!
10:54: Baseball Is Barely Back.
* Sullivan, Tribune: Cubs-Cardinals Series Postponed Amid More COVID-19 Positives.
* MLB: 'Field Of Dreams' Game Canceled.
16:36: David Ross Week.
* The Score: Happ: Ross Is 'Right Guy For This Team.'
* Levine, The Score: Epstein Credits Ross For Creating Energy, Harmony.
* Misener, Cubbies Crib: Maddon Makes Inexcusable Move With Sho-Oh.
* Fletcher, Orange County Register: Maddon Believes Angels Clubhouse Is Free Of Drug Issues.
* TWIC Notes:
Average Exit Velocity Leaderboard in 2020 (min. 25 PA)— Jake Taraska (@Jake_Taraska) August 6, 2020
1.) Fernando Tatís Jr. (97.7 MPH)
2.) Sean Murphy (96.9 MPH)
3.) Wilson Contreras (96.4 MPH)
4.) Aaron Judge (96 MPH)
5.) Kyle Schwarber (95.6 MPH)
6.) Mike Trout (95 MPH)
7.) Corey Seager (95 MPH)
* Levine, The Score: Cubs' David Bote Flashing His Defensive Prowess.
35:07 The White Sox Are Also Playing.
39:38 Boylen Not Over.
* Cowley, Sun-Times: Financial Concerns Likely Will Keep Jim Boylen As Bulls Coach.
41:56: Breaking Bears Truths!
* Emma, The Score: Bears Believe More Mature Miller Ready For Breakout.
* Fishbain, The Athletic: What Can The Bears Get From Second-Year RB David Montgomery?
* Rhodes: Hell, I've opted out of the grocery store. I'm about to opt out of the sidewalk . . .
49:33 Sky & Fire.
* World TeamTennis: Chicago Smash Help Set Team Tennis Viewership Record.
* The Conversation: Why A Canadian Hockey Team's Name Recalls U.S. Civil War Destruction.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
From the Pecos League to the record books.Continue reading "The Yerminator Has Landed" »
Posted on Apr 5, 2021
This is mostly a test reaffirming how much trouble telling the truth can cause for media chatterboxes with no sense or decorum.Continue reading "How Mark Giangreco Blew Himself Up" »
Posted on Mar 5, 2021
The higher purpose: Cheap-shit condos and another Starbucks.Continue reading "TrackNotes: Arlington's Amber Alert" »
Posted on Feb 26, 2021