Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Is this really happening? Plus: Launching College Football; Corey Crawford Is "Unfit To Play;" Don't Bank On The Chicago Marathon; Fluky Fire Singe Sounders; Red Stars vs. Reign, and more!
:33: Opening Daze.
* Bleacher Nation: White Sox Vs. Cubs In Wrigley Field Exhibition On ESPN Sunday Night.
* The Cubs open their regular season at home Friday night, July 24th, with a three-game series against the Brewers.
* The White Sox open their regular season with a three-game series in Cleveland, starting Monday night, July 27.
* Bleed Cubbie Blue: City Has Approved Friday Night Games At Wrigley For 2020.
* Cubbies Crib: Cubs Had To Go With Kyle Hendricks, Not Yu Darvish, On Opening Day.
* Save our clichés!
* Let the freak organ fly.
* Let's make this the funnest 60-game season ever.
* Varsity Blues trailer:
* True Blue LA: Terrance Gore Might Find A Spot With The Dodgers.
* Tampa Bay Times: Devil Rays Think Outside The Box With Five Infielders, Two Outfielders.
(According to the Beachwood Style Guide, they will always be the Devil Rays to us.)
* Levine, The Score: Rodon Ready To Return To Rotation.
* How MLB intrasquad games are like Bears training camp.
32:15: Launching College Football.
* Rutter: "People in charge of making life-and-death decisions about athletes are speaking with more clarity and wisdom about perilous decisions than anyone demanding a cattle call return to schools."
* Coffman: "The situation is dire, man. We're in big trouble."
* O'Brien, Sun-Times: IHSA Getting Out Of Return-To-Play Business, Will Let Other State Agencies Take The Lead.
47:24: Corey Crawford Is "Unfit To Play."
51:35: Don't Bank On The Chicago Marathon.
* Wikipedia: "The Modern Era Chicago Marathon was founded over the objection of Ed Kelly, Chicago Park District Superintendent who refused permission to run in the parks or along the Lake Michigan lakefront.
"With the help of Lee Flaherty, the event's founder who operated out of Flair House in the Near North Side community area of Chicago, Chicago Mayor Richard J. Daley's support for the marathon was enlisted.
"Although Mayor Daley died, his successor Michael Anthony Bilandic approved the race and got Kelly on board. Michael Bilandic, a runner, and his wife actually passed out medals at the first marathon on September 25, 1977.
"This first edition of the modern Chicago Marathon was called the Mayor Daley Marathon. Flaherty footed the bill for the first race, which had no sponsors. He again footed the bill in 1978 when the race was again called the Mayor Daley Marathon. In 1979, however, Beatrice Foods became the first race sponsor."
59:55: Fluky Fire Singe Sounders.
* Coffman: "It was their best win in years."
1:01:52: Red Stars vs. Reign.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Including the real Chairman of the Board; that dude and his dad; and that chick who was the Italian Sausage.Continue reading "100 People Who Would Be A Better Choice Than Tony La Russa To Manage The White Sox" »
Posted on Oct 14, 2020
There's no guarantee.Continue reading "A To B To C With The Reinsdorfs" »
Posted on Oct 14, 2020
Like his boys, Rickey Renteria does not quit. He was fired. By Rick Hahn. Don't let the screen door hit you in your analytics-adverse ass on the way out.Continue reading "Rickey Rentamanager's Lease Not Renewed" »
Posted on Oct 13, 2020