Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
The virus doesn't care how much you want to watch a game. Plus: Other Sports Are Also Back Pending Death; Pandemic Baseball Sucks; Hub Bubs; Hall Of Fame Hossa; The Mystery Of Mitch's Motivation; Choking On Chalk; and It Was Unmistakably A Noose.
1:30: The Red Stars Are Back!
* "The NWSL will be the first U.S. team-based league to return to play on Saturday with its Challenge Cup. (The Orlando Pride pulled out after several players tested positive.)"
4:46: Sports Are Back!
July 5: Formula One restarts
July 8: MLS is Back Tournament starts
July 10: NHL training camps open
July 23-24: MLB Opening Day
July 24: WNBA projected to start regular season
July 25: PLL begins its Championship Series tournament
July 30: NBA projected to restart
7:00 Sports Are Maybe Back, Pending Various State Lockdown Rules And An Athlete Dying.
* Coffman: "We are so far into unchartered territory now it's hard to know where to begin."
* Coffman: "College football is essentially morally bereft."
* MDT: Mountain Daylight Time.
* You first.
Cubs president Crane Kenney envisions fans in stands, on rooftops https://t.co/27CrRFY7Kz— Jesse Rogers (@JesseRogersESPN) June 25, 2020
Mayor Lori Lightfoot says Chicago is "not there yet" on fans in stands at ballparks.— Chicago Tribune Sports (@ChicagoSports) June 26, 2020
"Obviously there's no bigger sports fan than me. But we've got to do it at a time when we know that that's appropriate under the public health guidance."https://t.co/fsNSrQTYXa
* Tell us about it . . .
So it looks like the NBA picked the worst possible location for the bubble https://t.co/RdQg404a2V— Joe Ostrowski (@JoeO670) June 26, 2020
There is growing concern within a lot of corners of baseball about executing an effective health and safety protocol in the timeline prescribed by the PA/MLB agreement. As you might expect: So many complications, some foreseen and some not.— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) June 26, 2020
33:15: Pandemic Baseball Sucks.
* FanGraphs: Billy Hamilton, On Second, With No Outs.
* The asterisk on the season:
40:20: Hub Bubs.
43:34: Hall Of Fame Hossa.
* (And Doug Wilson.)
44:58: The NFL Might Also Be Back! (Maybe).
Should the NFL create separate rosters of game-ready players who can serve as replacements in the event of an outbreak? https://t.co/ufosDx0GWC— ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) June 25, 2020
47:30: The Mystery Of Mitch's Motivation.
* Rutter: "Trubisky requires what the equally unsolvable predecessor Jay Cutler also could have used - a rewired network of mental operational connections."
* In the arena:
53:25: Choking On Chalk.
* Chambers: "The operating BS of the majority is that if one horse wins all three of the races this year, it will be a Triple Crown. No. And. NO!"
In other words . . .
56:50: It Was Unmistakably A Noose.
This a noose. Point blank. Not a hoax or a liberal conspiracy but an instrument of death, terrorism and genocide for black people. Period. That is what Bubba Wallace's team and NASCAR saw.https://t.co/U0bx1QpnZc— Coleman Young Jr (@colemanyoung) June 26, 2020
* Coffman: Ride, Sherman, Ride!
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Friendly matches continue to pose significant issues for soccer authorities.Continue reading "2021 Suspicious Betting Trends In Global Soccer Report" »
Posted on Oct 23, 2021
Adelyn Vigil sometimes dreams of volleyball. Texas Republicans are standing in her way.Continue reading "'Just Let Me Play Sports'" »
Posted on Oct 11, 2021