Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Bad pizza, Cheap Trick and Luc Longley. Plus: Remembering Jerry Sloan & Michael McCaskey; Matt Nagy Admits What Media Toadies Won't; The Bundesliga, NASCAR, Golf And The Pseudo-Triple Crown Are (Sorta) Back; and Steve's New iPhone And The Saga Surrounding It.
:13: Steve's New Phone And The Saga Surrounding It.
* Chen, New York Times: Apple iPhone SE Review: A Superb Smartphone For A Humble Price.
Rhodes Note: We live in a world where $400 is a humble price, but so be it. Should be $99, though.
* Maybe this isn't new, but it is to me: You can now buy "certified pre-owned" phones.
* FYI: Phones stores are "essential." My Verizon store rep told me they're serving a lot first responders who need to keep their phones working - or simply need a working phone.
* Damn you, White Sox!
* Rhodes: "Mundanity is being heightened."
12:20: Remembering Jerry Sloan.
* Sun-Times: Jerry Sloan Remembered As "The Original Bull."
* Sam Smith:
"Until Jordan came along, Sloan was Mr. Chicago Bull. Everyone knew that."@SamSmithHoops wrote this tribute to Jerry Sloan in 2009:— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) May 22, 2020
* Coffman Note: "Hey, in the aftermath of me saying Jerry Sloan didn't win championships, it turns out (and it occurs to me now of course that you probably read this in David Rutter's column ('So Long, Jerry') as well) that Evansville played Division II men's basketball in the '60s into the early '70s and that Sloan led them to Division II national titles in '64 and '65. in fact the '65 championship capped off an undefeated, 29-0 season."
24:49: The Last Dance Has Been Danced.
* Coffman: They Weren't Coming Back.
* Rhodes: When They Broke Up The Bulls.
* Luc Longley!
* Scottie Pippen is the Cheap Trick of the NBA.
* Greenberg, Sun-Times: Scottie Pippen Was The Ultimate Wingman, But The No. 2 Player In The '90s? That's A Stretch.
* Coffman: "18 Fouls To Give."
* The Bad Pizza Game:
Flu Game? Trainer says MJ had bad pizza https://t.co/4CUZecw7pa— Beachwood Reporter (@BeachwoodReport) June 12, 2019
48:45: Remembering Michael McCaskey.
* Coffman: "It was what it was."
52:53: Matt Nagy Admits What Media Toadies Won't.
* September 2019: Matt Nagy Defends Not Playing His Starters In Preseason.
* May 15, 2020: Matt Nagy Confirms Bears Starters Will Play In 2020 Preseason Games.
* Plus . . . Barnwell: Ranking 2020 Offseasons For All 32 NFL Teams.
1:00:35: The Bundesliga Is Back! As Is NASCAR, Golf And The Pseudo-Triple Crown.
* Inadvertently all mic'd up!
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Awesome culture not even able to pull off a press conference. Plus: Holy Shit, White Sox; The Bad, Bad, Bad Blackhawks; The Less Bad Bulls; Evanston vs. Champaign; and more!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #339: The Four Horsemen Of Halas Hall" »
Posted on Jan 15, 2021
No-man's land. Plus: Bye Bye Bam-Bam; As The Crow Retires; Zach LaVine Stuffs Stat Sheet; and Evanston vs. Champaign. Go Padres and Red Stars!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #338: Halas Hell" »
Posted on Jan 11, 2021