Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Our man on campus and our man on the rail join the show to discuss NBA Commissioner Adam Silver's call to legalize and regulate (and presumably tax) sports gambling, something we're loosely familiar with - and by loosely we mean tightly. Let's just say we know people who know people. And they know people too. But would legalized sports gambling really be everything we would hope it to be? Could a Chicago casino include a sportsbook? Would legalization kill the romance? And who do you like in the fourth at Santa Anita? We've got the answers.
* Our man on campus, Mike Luce.
* Our man on the rail, Tom Chambers.
* Our man at the controls, Steve Rhodes.
The first school project I can remember ever doing was on sports gambling. I included a section on biorhythms. The next project I can remember was on the Great Lakes.
1:38: Part 1: For Entertainment Purposes Only.
* NBA Commissioner Adam Silver: Legalize And Regulate Sports Betting.
* UNLV: The House Edge: "Because this positive house edge exists for virtually all bets in a casino (ignoring the poker room and sports book where a few professionals can make a living), gamblers are faced with an uphill and, in the long run, losing battle."
* The Mud Bug.
* Governing: Floating Absurdity.
38:55: Part 2: We Know People Who Know People. Who Know People.
* The elephant in the room: The action.
* Sweet action.
* The chalk.
* Skip Bayless in the Tribune: Send A Message: Drop Point Spreads.
* NHL Odds.
* MLB Odds.
* The Croupier.
* Hint: Take Florida State and the points.
STOPPAGE TIME: 13:44.
For archives and more, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Given all the factors, if the Sox don't land Machado, they simply just don't have the glamour and pizzazz to attract a player of his caliber.Continue reading "Get Manny!" »
Posted on Jan 14, 2019
Like his kicker, the Bears GM has been the most hit-and-miss at his job that we've ever seen in these parts.Continue reading "SportsMonday: Parkey & Pace" »
Posted on Jan 14, 2019