Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
GarPax is dead. We think. Plus: Q Life; Baseball Isn't Coming Back This Year, Folks; Bear Crazy; and Transfer Window.
:35: Q Life.
* Rhodes: "I wonder why they call it Horse and not Loser - it's the same number of letters!"
7:33: Baseball Isn't Coming Back This Year, Folks.
I don't think there's gonna be a baseball season. Maybe not even football. Nothing until we have a vaccine - January at best.https://t.co/Y3Y5vSumrV— Beachwood Reporter (@BeachwoodReport) April 10, 2020
* Wolken, USA Today: Mike Gundy's Latest Ridiculous Comments Out Of Touch With Reality Of Coronavirus.
I am no longer surprised by this sort of thing. Hell, look at @TTuberville. These coaches (not all, but sooooo many) go into black neighborhoods, into black households, smile, laugh, recruit. It's all a show. Most are far-right Trumpsters who see the hardship, then depart unmoved https://t.co/dninXm0VNQ— Jeff Pearlman (@jeffpearlman) April 10, 2020
Andre Drummond eliminated from NBA 2K Tournament by Patrick Beverleyhttps://t.co/hTToRyN6EJ— Malutic Live (@Malutic_Live) April 10, 2020
25:35: GarPax Is Dead. We Think.
* Theo Karnisovas.
26:35: Bulls Get Their (White) Man.
* The Undefeated: Black Executives Around NBA Frustrated By Bulls' Front-Office Search.
A source close to the situation said that Bulls COO Michael Reinsdorf reached out to at least three African American executives about interviewing, and was either denied permission by their current organization or simply turned down.— Joe Cowley (@JCowleyHoops) April 9, 2020
* Goodwill, Yahoo Sports: Source: Arturas Karnisovas Plans To Hire Person Of Color To Be Bulls General Manager.
* Cowley, Sun-Times: John Paxson Willing To Leave Organization.
* Coffman: "Shockingly enough, John Paxson will not be stepping down. He'll still have some sort of role with the Bulls."
"Lauri Markkanen loves Chicago, loves playing here but he doesn't like playing for Jim Boylen."— Daniel Greenberg (@ChiSportUpdates) April 8, 2020
- @thekapman on ESPN 1000
57:28: Bear Crazy.
* Biggs, Tribune: Nick Foles' Crazy Contract.
* Emma, The Score: Robert Quinn's Crazy Coin Flip.
* Biggs: Ifedi Eyes Starting Job.
(Which is kind of crazy.)
1:06:02: Transfer Window.
* "Abby O'Connor, a 6-foot wing who led Loyola University of Chicago in scoring and rebounding the past two seasons, announced she is transferring to Gonzaga."
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
A den of "gunmen, highway robbers, card sharks, con men, and shady ladies."Continue reading "The World's Greatest College Football Report Bowl Series 2021 Pt. 4: Hell's Half Acre" »
Posted on Dec 22, 2021
Something about the swirl of stale sweat, spilled coffee and warming pretzels make for a mix that can't be described and must be experienced.Continue reading "The World's Greatest College Football Report Bowl Series 2021 Pt 3: Victory Fries & Mushy Bananas" »
Posted on Dec 22, 2021
In the value pick of the day.Continue reading "The World's Greatest College Football Report, Bowl Series Pt. 2: Stomping James Carville" »
Posted on Dec 18, 2021
While tailgating doesn't measure up to curing cancer, it is pretty awesome.Continue reading "The World's Greatest College Football Report, Special Edition: Rockets & Roosters" »
Posted on Dec 16, 2021