Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
GarPax is dead. We think. Plus: Q Life; Baseball Isn't Coming Back This Year, Folks; Bear Crazy; and Transfer Window.
:35: Q Life.
* Rhodes: "I wonder why they call it Horse and not Loser - it's the same number of letters!"
7:33: Baseball Isn't Coming Back This Year, Folks.
I don't think there's gonna be a baseball season. Maybe not even football. Nothing until we have a vaccine - January at best.https://t.co/Y3Y5vSumrV— Beachwood Reporter (@BeachwoodReport) April 10, 2020
* Wolken, USA Today: Mike Gundy's Latest Ridiculous Comments Out Of Touch With Reality Of Coronavirus.
I am no longer surprised by this sort of thing. Hell, look at @TTuberville. These coaches (not all, but sooooo many) go into black neighborhoods, into black households, smile, laugh, recruit. It's all a show. Most are far-right Trumpsters who see the hardship, then depart unmoved https://t.co/dninXm0VNQ— Jeff Pearlman (@jeffpearlman) April 10, 2020
Andre Drummond eliminated from NBA 2K Tournament by Patrick Beverleyhttps://t.co/hTToRyN6EJ— Malutic Live (@Malutic_Live) April 10, 2020
25:35: GarPax Is Dead. We Think.
* Theo Karnisovas.
26:35: Bulls Get Their (White) Man.
* The Undefeated: Black Executives Around NBA Frustrated By Bulls' Front-Office Search.
A source close to the situation said that Bulls COO Michael Reinsdorf reached out to at least three African American executives about interviewing, and was either denied permission by their current organization or simply turned down.— Joe Cowley (@JCowleyHoops) April 9, 2020
* Goodwill, Yahoo Sports: Source: Arturas Karnisovas Plans To Hire Person Of Color To Be Bulls General Manager.
* Cowley, Sun-Times: John Paxson Willing To Leave Organization.
* Coffman: "Shockingly enough, John Paxson will not be stepping down. He'll still have some sort of role with the Bulls."
"Lauri Markkanen loves Chicago, loves playing here but he doesn't like playing for Jim Boylen."— Daniel Greenberg (@ChiSportUpdates) April 8, 2020
- @thekapman on ESPN 1000
57:28: Bear Crazy.
* Biggs, Tribune: Nick Foles' Crazy Contract.
* Emma, The Score: Robert Quinn's Crazy Coin Flip.
* Biggs: Ifedi Eyes Starting Job.
(Which is kind of crazy.)
1:06:02: Transfer Window.
* "Abby O'Connor, a 6-foot wing who led Loyola University of Chicago in scoring and rebounding the past two seasons, announced she is transferring to Gonzaga."
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Sports now really a life and death proposition. Plus: The Washington Appropriators: Coach Loves The Princess Bride; Seeing Red Stars; Q-Anon; COVID Cubbie; Dash Cam; Hubba Bubbles; I'd Tap That; and Beachwood Sports Specials.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #311: Unless Someone Dies" »
Posted on Jul 3, 2020
The virus doesn't care how much you want to watch a game. Plus: Other Sports Are Also Back Pending Death; Pandemic Baseball Sucks; Hub Bubs; Hall Of Fame Hossa; The Mystery Of Mitch's Motivation; Choking On Chalk; and It Was Unmistakably A Noose.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #310: Baseball Is Back! (But Is It Really?)" »
Posted on Jun 26, 2020
Walls are falling. Plus: Rob Manfred Is A Cop; Wet Hot American Long Gone Summer; Bubble Life; Better At It Than Baseball; and Belmont Betting.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #309: Life In The Fast Lane" »
Posted on Jun 19, 2020
A moment when everything seems possible. Plus: MLB Draft's Dizzying Heights Of Hype; We Blame The (Lying) Owners; The Neverending Sammy Sosa Saga; and NBA & NHL Flux.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #308: We're All NASCAR Now" »
Posted on Jun 12, 2020