Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Cancel culture. Plus: March Sadness; Summer Training; NBA & NHL Lose Their Christmas; Do Draft Day Digitally; Baffling Bears; Blackhawks Go Out On A High Note; Bulls Go Out On A High Note; Michael Kopech A Little Geeked; Deja Cub; Illinois Hoops Nation; Fire Singe Revolution; Can Gambling Juice Fandom For Women's Sports?; and The Ex-Cub Factor.
* J.B. Pritzker is actually doing a damn good job.
* Rhodes correction: Of course I voted for J.B. Pritzker! I was thinking of the Democratic primary, which I didn't vote in because I don't believe journalists should vote in primaries (it's a party activity), but I ultimately hoped Daniel Biss would win. More importantly, I voted against Bruce Rauner.
* Tipping point: Rudy Gobert.
10:11: March Sadness.
* They should still do the brackets!
14:42: Summer Training.
#WhiteSox SVP of Communications Scott Reifert just said the long range plan is to still play 162 games this season.— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) March 13, 2020
16:50: NBA & NHL Lose Their Christmas.
* Not so fast, says Coach!
20:08: Do Draft Day Digitally.
* Go for it, NFL.
20:54: Baffling Bears.
* Barbieri: 5 Takeaways From Danny Trevathan's 3-Year Extension.
* Coffman: Andy Dalton is their best option.
30:00: Blackhawks Go Out On A High Note.
* Coffman: Fire Stan Bowman.
34:00: Bulls Go Out On A High Note.
* Coffman: Fire GarPax.
34:51: Michael Kopech A Little Geeked.
* Coffman: Keep Rick Hahn.
39:36: Deja Cub.
* Rhodes Correction: Hamels is in Atlanta, not Philadelphia. Sorry!
* MLB.com: FAQ: How Coronavirus Impacts Braves, MLB.
"Cole Hamels (left shoulder inflammation) might now be available for a higher percentage of the regular season. The Braves have not targeted when Hamels might be available, but there has been thoughts that he would be sidelined through at least the first half of May."
43:33: lllinois Hoops Nation.
* Coffman: Chicago (Men) Can't Dance.
* Tribune: "Bradley is back in the NCAA Tournament for the 2nd year in a row after ending Valparaiso's run to the Missouri Valley final: 'This is the year we want to go make some noise.'"
48:24: Fire Singe Revolution.
49:14: Can Gambling Juice Fandom For Women's Sports?
52:01: The Ex-Cub Factor.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Times like these open the curtain on who or what people really are.Continue reading "TrackNotes: Dastardly Derby Drama" »
Posted on Mar 29, 2020
A visit to Ernie Banks' grave instead. Plus: Curly Neal Made Life Better; Tokyo Drift; The McCaskeys Absolutely Did Not 'Step Up;' Ryan Pace's Pathetic Record Just Got Worse; Bears Re-Sign Tyler Bray!; Biggs Time; Cubs, White Sox Minor Transactions; and UIC Screws Steve McClain.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #297: The Opening Day That Wasn't" »
Posted on Mar 27, 2020