Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Yoan Moncada vs. Pedro Strop. Plus: The Daily Dallas Keuchel; Big Data Darvish; Why David Ross May Bring Back The Intentional Loss; Streaking Blackhawks On Life Support; Brad Biggs Talks Football With You; Bulls Finally Testing Paxson's Argument; Chicago Fire Home Opener; and Illinois Hoops Nation.
* With special guest Steve Eckardt there in the background; he owns the home that Beachwood HQ just moved in to.
1:40: White Sox vs. Cubs.
* ESPN: White Sox Sign Moncada To Extension.
The #WhiteSox have now signed seven players to long-term contracts in the past year: Yoan Moncada (today), Aaron Bummer (Feb. 22), Luis Robert (Jan. 2), Dallas Keuchel (Dec. 30, 2019), Yasmani Grandal (Nov. 21, 2019), José Abreu (Nov. 22, 2019), Eloy Jiménez (March 22, 2019)— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) March 6, 2020
* (Javy Baez's agent is Nick Chanock of the the Wasserman Media Group.)
10:30: The Daily Dallas Kuechel.
* Bought house in the Southport corridor (that's on the North Side).
20:52: Arbitrator: Kris Bryant Really Did Have To Work On His Defense.
26:20: Cubs So Broke They Can't Even Afford Pedro Strop.
* MLBTradeRumors: "If you're looking for a microcosm of the Cubs' offseason, consider veteran reliever Alex Claudio. Sahadev Sharma of The Athletic wrote back in December that, 'Before Claudio signed with the Brewers for $1.75 million, the Cubs had made it clear they were interested. But they needed to clear money first, so he signed with Milwaukee.' The Athletic's Ken Rosenthal wrote just days earlier, '[Cubs] officials are telling representatives of even low-budget free agents that they need to clear money before engaging in serious negotiations.'"
31:00: Big Data Darvish.
* The Athletic: Yu Goes Into The Cubs' Ivy To Find Answers.
* "Is Ryan Tannehill a possibility at QB? Could the Bears afford Andy Dalton? Would Jalen Hurts be a good fit in the offense?"
52:24: Streaking Blackhawks On Life Support.
* Four straight wins.
* DeBrincat scored two goals Thursday night
* "Dylan Strome, Alex Nylander and Patrick Kane scored on consecutive shots late in the second period, leading the Chicago Blackhawks to a 6-2 victory over the Anaheim Ducks on Tuesday night."
56:45: Bulls Finally Testing Paxson's Argument.
* But Boylen boils over.
58:23: Chicago Fire Home Opener.
59:44: Illinois Hoops Nation.
* NU WOMEN: Big 10 tourney starts Friday.
* DePAUL WOMEN: Big East tourney starts Saturday.
* ILLINOIS MEN: No. 19 Ohio State rallies to beat No. 23 Illinois 71-63.
* DePAUL MEN: Moore's free throws lift DePaul over Marquette 69-68.
"Charlie Moore scored DePaul's final four points at the free-throw line to lift the Blue Demons to a 69-68 win over Marquette on Tuesday night."
* LOYOLA MEN: Missouri Valley tourney starts Friday night.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
1. From Tom Chambers:
You guys have talked about this before.
All interstates are two numbers. East-West even numbers. North-South odd numbers.
With three-numbered designations starting with an odd number, they are either a spur or go through something. I believe three-numbered roads starting with an even number designate a road going around a city. A bypass. 294 here. 494 in Milwaukee.
Even if you buy me a shot of Jack, you can't force me to defend myself for knowing that. Mostly and most certainly, you assume absolutely no liability or shame for not knowing this stuff. Nor do I, for knowing it.
Can I get a lift? I know the way.
Including the real Chairman of the Board; that dude and his dad; and that chick who was the Italian Sausage.Continue reading "100 People Who Would Be A Better Choice Than Tony La Russa To Manage The White Sox" »
Posted on Oct 14, 2020