Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #290: Jane Byrne, Kris Bryant, Mookie Betts & Baseball's Discontents
Why men great then they gotta be traded? Plus: Chief Chiefs; The Bulls' Neverending Implosions; Like Chicago Police, Blackhawks Accruing Too Much OT; Lincoln Park Lyins; Illinois Hoops Roundup; and Olympic Surf's Up.
* Eisenhower Edition, featuring all the major local interstates as well as the Jane Byrne Interchange, which has its own website.
3:18: Chief Chiefs.
* Pat Maholycow.
* Jimmy Garoppolater.
* Andy Reidmylips.
* As Jay Cutler Turns.
* Business Insider: Patrick Mahomes Is The King Of NFL Comebacks.
* But also . . .
First player in Super Bowl history with 100+ rushing yards and at least one receiving TD.— Evan Silva (@evansilva) February 3, 2020
No game MVP.
Tonight, we are all Damien Williams.https://t.co/JLwvMMSAXP
* Correcting: Mitchell, not Stephen:
Mitchell Schwartz legitimately just had one of the greatest postseasons in NFL history.— Sam Monson (@PFF_Sam) February 3, 2020
100 pass blocking snaps exactly over 3 games.
Almost the entire time in obvious pass situations as the team trailed, against legit pass rushers.
Two, hurries. Nothing else.
* Lane Tech's Laken Tomlinson, who grew up in Rogers Park.
* The Honiest Badger.
13:34: Betts, Bryant And Baseball's Bullshit.
* If you can't "afford" to pay your (best) employees, get out of the business!
* Coffman: "It's grim."
* Rhodes: "It's called a 'luxury tax' because they have luxurious bank accounts."
* No Arenado.
For the last time and please listen closely. There is no credibility to any Arenado to the White Sox rumors. None what so ever. So don't tweet about it or ask about it or speculate about it. Not happening. Hasn't happened. Won't happen— Steve Stone (@stevestone) February 7, 2020
* Rhodes: Why men great 'til they gotta be great? 'Cause they'll get traded!
22:58: The Bulls' Neverending Implosion.
* Permanent meltdown is the new normal.
* New low is the status quo.
* Morrissey: Boylen Taking Uncool To New Levels.
29:48: Like Chicago Police, Blackhawks Accruing Too Much OT.
35:25: Lincoln Park Lyins.
* Coffman: "Don't believe the hype."
44:20: Illinois Hoops Roundup!
* Ryan, Tribune: Illini, SIU, NIU Trending Up.
* Greenstein, Tribune: Is Chris Collins On The Hot Seat? Should He Be?
* Northern Star: Eugene German Becomes NIU's All-Time Leading Scorer.
54:48: Surf's Up At Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
* "It would definitely be rad to medal."
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Thursday was supposed to be opening day for Major League Baseball, but stadiums are empty, with the season postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Instead, parking lots are being used to store unused rental vehicles.Continue reading "Unused Rental Cars Parked At Baseball Stadiums" »
Posted on Mar 28, 2020
Someday there will be another one, and when it arrives, the emotions, joy and hopes will burst forth possibly like never before. May we all be here to add it to our Opening Day memories.Continue reading "An Opening Day Requiem" »
Posted on Mar 27, 2020
Sure, the Bears are Chicago's team, but if basketball wasn't number one in Chicago before the '90s, the glorious run of Michael Jordan's six-time champ Bulls made it so.Continue reading "Missing Chicago's Game" »
Posted on Mar 25, 2020