Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #290: Jane Byrne, Kris Bryant, Mookie Betts & Baseball's Discontents
Why men great then they gotta be traded? Plus: Chief Chiefs; The Bulls' Neverending Implosions; Like Chicago Police, Blackhawks Accruing Too Much OT; Lincoln Park Lyins; Illinois Hoops Roundup; and Olympic Surf's Up.
* Eisenhower Edition, featuring all the major local interstates as well as the Jane Byrne Interchange, which has its own website.
3:18: Chief Chiefs.
* Pat Maholycow.
* Jimmy Garoppolater.
* Andy Reidmylips.
* As Jay Cutler Turns.
* Business Insider: Patrick Mahomes Is The King Of NFL Comebacks.
* But also . . .
First player in Super Bowl history with 100+ rushing yards and at least one receiving TD.— Evan Silva (@evansilva) February 3, 2020
No game MVP.
Tonight, we are all Damien Williams.https://t.co/JLwvMMSAXP
* Correcting: Mitchell, not Stephen:
Mitchell Schwartz legitimately just had one of the greatest postseasons in NFL history.— Sam Monson (@PFF_Sam) February 3, 2020
100 pass blocking snaps exactly over 3 games.
Almost the entire time in obvious pass situations as the team trailed, against legit pass rushers.
Two, hurries. Nothing else.
* Lane Tech's Laken Tomlinson, who grew up in Rogers Park.
* The Honiest Badger.
13:34: Betts, Bryant And Baseball's Bullshit.
* If you can't "afford" to pay your (best) employees, get out of the business!
* Coffman: "It's grim."
* Rhodes: "It's called a 'luxury tax' because they have luxurious bank accounts."
* No Arenado.
For the last time and please listen closely. There is no credibility to any Arenado to the White Sox rumors. None what so ever. So don't tweet about it or ask about it or speculate about it. Not happening. Hasn't happened. Won't happen— Steve Stone (@stevestone) February 7, 2020
* Rhodes: Why men great 'til they gotta be great? 'Cause they'll get traded!
22:58: The Bulls' Neverending Implosion.
* Permanent meltdown is the new normal.
* New low is the status quo.
* Morrissey: Boylen Taking Uncool To New Levels.
29:48: Like Chicago Police, Blackhawks Accruing Too Much OT.
35:25: Lincoln Park Lyins.
* Coffman: "Don't believe the hype."
44:20: Illinois Hoops Roundup!
* Ryan, Tribune: Illini, SIU, NIU Trending Up.
* Greenstein, Tribune: Is Chris Collins On The Hot Seat? Should He Be?
* Northern Star: Eugene German Becomes NIU's All-Time Leading Scorer.
54:48: Surf's Up At Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
* "It would definitely be rad to medal."
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Surely the chance to witness a big league ballgame in person doesn't even make the Top 100 of issues that need solving. But that's just it. What we have always taken for granted has been robbed from us.Continue reading "Home Field Hankering" »
Posted on Sep 14, 2020
John Edward "Skip" Bayless II owns decades of insufferable arrogance as a sports opinionator; seldom has he seemed so clearly trapped in the wrong century.Continue reading "Dak Prescott Is The Hero Skip Bayless Will Never Be" »
Posted on Sep 11, 2020