Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Coach-killer Cutler kills Kromer. Plus: Professional Baseball Comes To Chicago! And: Blackhawks Bungle.
3:50: Coach Killer Cutler Kills Kromer.
* "Buyer's remorse" appears to be Rapoport's phrase, not the phrase of Aaron Kromer or anyone else.
* The Bears barely run enough to have bad plays to check out of.
* "The only game the Bears won in 1969 was against the Pittsburgh Steelers, who also finished 1-13," Don Pierson wrote for upon former Bears coach Jim Dooley's death.
"The Steelers then beat the Bears in a coin flip for the draft rights to the No. 1 pick. The Steelers chose Terry Bradshaw, who could have solved their incessant quarterback confusion.
"Dooley's tenure began with journeymen quarterbacks Jack Concannon and Virgil Carter, both of whom subsequently blasted Dooley for mishandling them. By 1971, Dooley was a desperate man who resorted to the desperate measure of moving into Bobby Douglass' bachelor apartment the week before a game in an effort to force-feed Douglass a diet of football knowledge. The plan worked for two games as the Bears climbed to a 6-3 record before collapsing."
* Tomb of the Fallen Offensive Coordinators.
20:40: Professional Baseball Comes To Chicago!
* Is this really happening?
* Steve Rosenbloom: Lester Validates Cubs' Plan.
* Trying to make this "flip Lester" thing happen.
* The Cubs' real market advantage: It's not smarts.
1:05:10: Blackhawks Bungle.
STOPPAGE TIME: 9:10.
For archives and more, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Joe Ricketts remains. Plus: Roger's Suspicious Cuba Trip; Fuck Yu; Addison Russell's Return; Stats Cast; Are The White Sox A Wild-Card Contender?; and Derby Stewards Show More Courage Than Congress.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #251: The Problem With The Cubs Fan Ban" »
Posted on May 10, 2019