Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
And now Mitch Trubisky is holding us hostage. Plus: Matty Renteria; Sign Kaepernick!; The Next Man Is Inherently Up On Every Team In Every League!; Brad Biggs' Mailbox Talks Football With You; All Signs Point To Yu; Bulls Still In It!; The Blackhawks Are Back!; Lovie Smith And His Beard Are Going Bowling; Chicago Didn't Know What It Had In Sam Kerr; and Fire Coach Fired.
* Santa Coffman.
4:25: Ryan Pace's Major Malfunction.
* Coffman: "Ryan Pace committed crushing general manager malpractice."
18:12: Matty Renteria.
* Here's the Bears coach speaking to the media this week:
27:55: Sign Kaepernick!
* The Patriots will be there. The Bears will not.
The Patriots, Dolphins and the Browns are a part of the 11 teams that have committed to attend Colin Kaepernick's workout. https://t.co/k8OsU0lGfd— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 14, 2019
37:07: The Next Man Is Inherently Up On Every Team In Every League!
Just in the last six hours before writing this.
* " . . . whatever does happen, next man up mentality."
* "Will the Rams' 'next man up' efforts be good enough on Sunday . . . "
* "A lot of coaches go cliche with 'next man up' lip service . . . but how do you message that out to your team to motivate them?"
* "The NFL is a next-man-up league . . . "
* "All of these injuries have led the Pacers to the next man up mentality . . . "
* "I know it sounds cliché, but it's next man up . . . "
* "The fact that the Patriots have succeeded despite all these injuries is a testament to their next-man-up philosophy . . . "
* "It's next man up once again for the Saints with injuries to key players . . . "
39:05: Brad Biggs' Mailbox Talks Football With You.
45:17: All Signs Point To Yu.
51:40: Abreu Will Be Back.
53:35: Bulls Still In It!
* Better than the Knicks.
56:54: The Blackhawks Are Back!
* Kane and The Cat!
25. Chicago Blackhawks
Previous ranking: 27
Can we ask an entire group to step up? The Blackhawks have a surplus of defensemen they're rotating in and out, but they're still leaky, giving up a league-high 37.1 shots per game. Good thing free-agent signing Robin Lehner has been so steady; he has already had to face 50-plus shots in two of his 10 starts.
1:03:22: Lovie Smith And His Beard Are Going Bowling.
* New goal: Get south of Detroit.
* If Beachwood Novelties was still a going concern, we'd be selling Lovie Smith Beards™ to Illinois students by the boatload.
1:06:38: Fire Coach Fired.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
If the regulation had been altered as Perdue wanted, it would have been a boon for some of his largest donors. Perdue has received hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from the owners of professional sports clubs, including now-fellow Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler, who co-owns Atlanta's WNBA team, the Dream.Continue reading "Georgia Senator David Perdue Privately Pushed For A Tax Break For Rich Team Owners" »
Posted on Nov 22, 2020
Evading guidelines meant to save lives because for some reason the games must go on.Continue reading "New Mexico Basketball Teams Flee To Texas COVID Hotspots" »
Posted on Nov 22, 2020
Country on a sportswashing spree.Continue reading "Formula One's Dirty Saudi Deal" »
Posted on Nov 10, 2020