Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
And now Mitch Trubisky is holding us hostage. Plus: Matty Renteria; Sign Kaepernick!; The Next Man Is Inherently Up On Every Team In Every League!; Brad Biggs' Mailbox Talks Football With You; All Signs Point To Yu; Bulls Still In It!; The Blackhawks Are Back!; Lovie Smith And His Beard Are Going Bowling; Chicago Didn't Know What It Had In Sam Kerr; and Fire Coach Fired.
* Santa Coffman.
4:25: Ryan Pace's Major Malfunction.
* Coffman: "Ryan Pace committed crushing general manager malpractice."
18:12: Matty Renteria.
* Here's the Bears coach speaking to the media this week:
27:55: Sign Kaepernick!
* The Patriots will be there. The Bears will not.
The Patriots, Dolphins and the Browns are a part of the 11 teams that have committed to attend Colin Kaepernick's workout. https://t.co/k8OsU0lGfd— SportsCenter (@SportsCenter) November 14, 2019
37:07: The Next Man Is Inherently Up On Every Team In Every League!
Just in the last six hours before writing this.
* " . . . whatever does happen, next man up mentality."
* "Will the Rams' 'next man up' efforts be good enough on Sunday . . . "
* "A lot of coaches go cliche with 'next man up' lip service . . . but how do you message that out to your team to motivate them?"
* "The NFL is a next-man-up league . . . "
* "All of these injuries have led the Pacers to the next man up mentality . . . "
* "I know it sounds cliché, but it's next man up . . . "
* "The fact that the Patriots have succeeded despite all these injuries is a testament to their next-man-up philosophy . . . "
* "It's next man up once again for the Saints with injuries to key players . . . "
39:05: Brad Biggs' Mailbox Talks Football With You.
45:17: All Signs Point To Yu.
51:40: Abreu Will Be Back.
53:35: Bulls Still In It!
* Better than the Knicks.
56:54: The Blackhawks Are Back!
* Kane and The Cat!
25. Chicago Blackhawks
Previous ranking: 27
Can we ask an entire group to step up? The Blackhawks have a surplus of defensemen they're rotating in and out, but they're still leaky, giving up a league-high 37.1 shots per game. Good thing free-agent signing Robin Lehner has been so steady; he has already had to face 50-plus shots in two of his 10 starts.
1:03:22: Lovie Smith And His Beard Are Going Bowling.
* New goal: Get south of Detroit.
* If Beachwood Novelties was still a going concern, we'd be selling Lovie Smith Beards™ to Illinois students by the boatload.
1:06:38: Fire Coach Fired.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #291: Derrick Rose Wishes He Was A Dentist & Other Strange Stories Of The Week
Rich basketball player jealous of teeth-pullers. Plus: Joe Maddon Is A Liar And Clever Things To Say About The Buffalo Sabres, The Houston Asterisks, John Henry, Charles Barkley, The Chicago Bulls, The Chicago Blackhawks, Adderall & eSports; Bobby Knight; Jason Kipnis, Spring Training, PECOTA, Kenny Williams and Illinois' Basketball Nation.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #291: Derrick Rose Wishes He Was A Dentist & Other Strange Stories Of The Week" »
Posted on Feb 14, 2020