Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
The spot-on Bears. Plus: Zooless Cubs Clubhouse Is Broken; They're Bad, They're Nationalwide; Who's Next, Joe, Chris Bosio?; Castellanos vs. Merrifield; Guarded Bulls Optimism Now Unguarded Pessimism; Seabrook's Ghost; Rehire Lovie Smith Again!; Too Much Courage For Red Stars; and CPS Sports Struck.
:40: The Spot-On Bears.
* Tabor Time.
* Nagy's Magic-Eight Ball: We suck.
* Dear Matt Nagy: The games aren't played in secret. We see the whole thing!
* Greenberg: "[T]he Bears are the kind of 3-4 that feels more like 1-6."
* Garafolo vs. Garoppolo.
* From the I to the Wishbone.
35:00: Zooless Cubs Clubhouse Is Broken.
40:56: They're Bad, They're Nationalwide.
* Obligatory White Sox mention.
43:40: Who's Next, Joe, Chris Bosio?
* Maddon bringing Butters, Buss and Mallee to Anaheim.
46:11: Castellanos vs. Merrifield.
47:43: Guarded Bulls Optimism Now Unguarded Pessimism.
52:00: Seabrook's Ghost.
* ESPN: "One bad decision, and you're stuck with Brent Seabrook at $6.875 million annually for the rest of your life (or 2024, whatever comes first)."
55:03: Rehire Lovie Smith Again!
* Coffman, November 2018: Loving Lovie Too Long.
59:24: Too Much Courage For Red Stars.
1:01:17: CPS Sports Struck.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Once the season begins, the other eight defenders are given instruction and practice during pre-game drills. Not so with pitchers, and it shows.Continue reading "Pitchers Can't Catch" »
Posted on Aug 10, 2020
The (physical) jewel of American racing will soon become another array of condos, apartments and strip shopping that has already made Arlington Heights just so special.Continue reading "TrackNotes: 22-Year Temper Tantrum Approaches Endgame" »
Posted on Aug 5, 2020
The reality of a fall without sports is sinking in.Continue reading "Forced Sports Timeout Puts Squeeze On College Coffers, Scholarships And Towns" »
Posted on Aug 5, 2020
Sherman's "March to the Sea" commemorated on a hockey jersey.Continue reading "Why A Canadian Hockey Team's Name Recalls U.S. Civil War Destruction" »
Posted on Aug 4, 2020