Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
And like the road, it goes on forever. Plus: Bears' Doom Spiral; David Ross Chosen To Open Next Wrigleyville Restaurant; Kris Bryant's Last Laugh As A Cub?; Bring It Home, Red Stars!; Jim Boylen's Fred Hoiberg Bulls; Saadaissance; and Rehire Lovie Smith!
* We have no base-10 bias, and we're not commemorative.
1:00: Doom Spiral.
As we've been saying, his legs are the only competitive advantage he has.
* Rhodes: "He's Ian Happ and he needs to be sent down for, like, three weeks to get his game together!"
* Dan Orlovsky: Better on Twitter than actually playing.
14:15: Brad Biggs' Mailbag Talks Football With You.
* Like the road, Brad Biggs' mailbox goes on forever.
* Coffman, October 22, 2018: SportsMonday: Sunday's Real Bears Goat | "His name is Chris Tabor."
* Watch the media suddenly unlink Ryan Pace's future with Mitch Trubisky's and marvel at the lack of self-awareness and accountability.
* Abe Gibron:
* Neither Andrew Luck nor Tom Brady are coming to save us.
46:04: Jim Boylen's Fred Hoiberg Bulls.
Down by one with a little over 4 seconds left... Hornets ball.— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) October 24, 2019
Just wasn't enough.— Chicago Bulls (@chicagobulls) October 24, 2019
We'll be back to it against the Grizzlies, this Friday. pic.twitter.com/2PIKd2p5As
26. Chicago Blackhawks
Previous ranking: 24
Brandon Saad. Behold, the Saad-aissance! The maligned Blackhawks forward began a reversal of fortunes last season with 23 goals and 24 assists. He has two goals and two assists in seven games this season in a diminished role (15:08 per game), and has been one of the team's most effective forwards. (The less said about Jonathan Toews' start, however, the better.)
50:38: Bring It Home, Red Stars!
North Carolina Courage face Chicago Red Stars on Sunday in 2019 NWSL Championship— SoccerWire.com (@TheSoccerWire) October 25, 2019
📺 (3:30 p.m. ET on ESPN)
50:54: Rehire Lovie Smith!
"We needed to get a signature win, I was just hoping today was the day, and the day came!" 🙌@IlliniFootball HC Lovie Smith reacts to their first win over a ranked Big Ten opponent since 2007. 👏 pic.twitter.com/SxEh0okS9k— FOX Sports (@FOXSports) October 19, 2019
52:40: David Ross Chosen To Open Next Wrigleyville Restaurant.
Other interview tasks the #Cubs put managerial candidates through:— Beachwood Reporter (@BeachwoodReport) October 23, 2019
* Fake taking the ball from Jon Lester in the 5th.
* Fake whining about the schedule.
* Name three new costume theme nights.
* What will you call your restaurant?
* Name your lowest price.
* Kobayashi Maru. https://t.co/F4rqV3MPxP
1:02:12: Kris Bryant's Last Laugh As A Cub?
* "Now I can look back on it and just laugh about it because I was told to work on my defense . . . and I think I got three groundballs in those games that I played. So it's like, 'Oh, now he's ready.'"
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Surely the chance to witness a big league ballgame in person doesn't even make the Top 100 of issues that need solving. But that's just it. What we have always taken for granted has been robbed from us.Continue reading "Home Field Hankering" »
Posted on Sep 14, 2020
John Edward "Skip" Bayless II owns decades of insufferable arrogance as a sports opinionator; seldom has he seemed so clearly trapped in the wrong century.Continue reading "Dak Prescott Is The Hero Skip Bayless Will Never Be" »
Posted on Sep 11, 2020