Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
The autumn of our discontent. Including: Mitch Falsbisky; Only Person In Chicago More Unpopular Than Mitch Trubisky Is Craig Kimbrel; Cubs Lab; The Undertaker; These Cards Will Run!; The Amazin' A's & Yankees; The White Sox Are Still Playing; Chicago Joe Fire; The Sky Is Crying; and The Red Stars Try To Lock Down A Playoff Spot This Weekend.
* The Autumn Of Our Discontent.
* Glory days of Cubs and Bears turns to rust.
* The Reds losses hurt more than the loss to the Cardinals on Thursday night.
* Cubhog day.
6:23: Craig Kimbrel More Unpopular In Chicago Than Mitch Trubisky.
* Keeps announcing his presence with authority.
9:15: Cubs Lab.
* Theo in a real pickle.
* Coffman on Schwarber: "Has there ever been a more inconsequential 37 home runs?"
* Hail, Astros.
* Rhodes: The Verlander trade was when Houston bypassed the Cubs.
* Baseball Reference: "Drafted by the Kansas City Royals in the 22nd round of the 2012 MLB June Amateur . . . February 8, 2017: Traded by the Kansas City Royals to the Chicago Cubs for Donnie Dewees (minors)."
* Rhodes: I had to turn off Len "Company Man" Kasper.
28:55: The Undertaker.
* Mully: The severity of the injury wasn't what was reported.
* Coffman: We saw the injury!
* Rhodes: Ouch!
* Coffman namechecks Fred McGriff (The Crime Dog).
* Rhodes: "Gracie, he must've worn a cup, right?"
36:26: These Cards Will Run!
* Cubs catchers lead the league in errors.
36:59: The Amazin' A's.
* Billy Beane . . . Jesus!
38:35: The Amazin' Yankees.
* Brian Cashman . . . Jesus!
* Missing Gleyber Torres and DJ LaMahieu.
39:45: The White Sox Are Still Playing.
* Tim Anderson on pace to qualify.
* Ivan Nova, opener.
40:33: Mitch Falsbisky.
* Matt Nagy's trick box.
* Kimbrel vs. Trubisky.
* Media pumpers now dumpers.
Gardner Minshew has been on target with 77-of-88 pass attempts (87.5%)— Sports Info Solutions (@SportsInfo_SIS) September 20, 2019
NFL average is 75.0%
Others: Trubisky can get healthy against the Redskins.
Rhodes: The Redskins can get healthy against Trubisky.
58:22: The Sky Is Crying.
1:00:40: Joe Fire.
* Coffman namechecks Brewster's Millions.
1:06:20: Red Stars Looking To Clinch Playoff Spot.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
A diminished Pegasus opens the new horse racing season amidst a giant orange background.Continue reading "TrackNotes: The Phantom Zone" »
Posted on Jan 22, 2021