Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Winter is here. Plus: After Over 70 Years, The Cubs On WGN Is Coming To An End; Tim Anderson Chases Obsolete Award; I AM SO SICK OF MITCH TRUBISKY; Ryan Pace Had One Job This Offseason And He Failed At It Miserably; 'Scuse Us While We Kiss The Sky; Blackhawks Open Training Camp Again!; A Chicago Bull Is Dominating The World Cup; Really Good Chicago Fire News Broke While We Were Recording This; and Chicago Red Stars Rolling.
:16: Winter Is Here.
* SportsMonday: Glorious Fall Goes Dark.
* The Cubs are not sparking joy. Time to clean house.
* Rhodes: "We thought 2016 was the start of something. Turns out it was the end of something."
* Jason McLeod's "lateral move."
* Cubs losing every phase of the game: second-worst defense in the league, an offense even more broken than last year's including the worst production in the majors out of the leadoff spot, a bullpen melting down nightly and a 1 1/2-man rotation: Yu Darvish and Kyle Hendricks at home.
* PECOTA still has a chance!
* As a "superstation" with unusual reach, WGN-TV helped make the Cubs an international brand, and Wrigley Field an international destination.
43:02: Tim Anderson Chases Obsolete Award.
* Wallenstein: 3 Reasons To See The White Sox Season Through.
45:24: I AM SO SICK OF MITCH TRUBISKY.
* Take the "L" and move on!
* The secret concern the media obfuscates: Mitch is dumb.
52:37: Ryan Pace Had One Job In The Offseason And He Failed At It Miserably.
* The Bears still do not have a kicker.
1:00:57: 'Scuse Us While We Kiss The Sky.
* The Sky features a married couple!
1:04:50: Blackhawks Open Training Camp Again!
1:08:08: Chicago Red Stars Rolling.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Dear Coach Nagy: What the hell is the matter with you?Continue reading "SportsMonday: Overreaction Monday Is Hereby Canceled" »
Posted on Oct 21, 2019
Trubisky's legs are the only competitive advantage he has. Plus: The Only News In Football That Really Matters; The Bears Have More Tight Ends Than The Pence Family; Where Is Your Offensive Line Coach God Now; Letter Of The Week; Saints Marching Line; Boss Ross Or New Joe; The Blackhawks' Weird Goalie Sitch; Thank You, Luol Deng; Fire Lovie Smith Watch; and The Red Stars Semifinal vs. the Portland Thorns.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #274: Run, Mitchell, Run" »
Posted on Oct 18, 2019