Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
He doesn't suck, but he does seem to grind up bullpens and talk a lot of shit. Plus: Cubs Media Meatheads Set The Tone; Cubs Hunger Games; Time For Theo To Move on?; Rickey Bunteria; Missing Trubisky; Boynton Beach Bingo; and Schweinsteiger!
:20: Boynton Beach Bingo.
* Delaware, The Blue Hen State.
2:58: Cubs Meathead Media Sets The Tone.
* Every single game is not predictive. In fact, no single game is.
* The podcast is correct in regard to the standings and the upcoming schedule!
* Assignment Desk: Are the Cubs bad on the road against everyone or just, say, teams that are above .500? Or in the division? Or something?
8:26: Measuring Maddon's Managing.
* It's almost wholly just one thing: He seems to destroy bullpens.
* Assignment Desk: Do Maddon's bullpens suffer a disproportionate number of injuries this time every season? Did Maddon's bullpens in Tampa suffer the same fate?
* Dear media assessors: Base your method on the typical not the optimal (especially when you only apply the optimal to the home team).
* He's grown a thin skin instead of a thick skin.
* Steve Cishek knocks on the door of the IL. The IL opens the door and says, "What took you so long?"
* Assignment Desk: Do pitchers who lead the majors in appearances/innings over the course of a season or two typically end up injured? (Especially when they are over 30?)
* Sports media meatheads who have not adapted to analytics make their audiences less knowledgeable about the game(s), not more.
* Yes, I just called Maddon "Madigan."
* Jesse Rogers: Maddon Confident He'll Be Back With Cubs In '20.
Look, just because Maddon claims he's confident doesn't mean he is! Lotta bullshit in this one.
* The Cubhouse!
35:25: Renteria Lite.
* Everything is great! Even the home runs Yu Darvish just gave up to lose a game to the Reds!
* Hugh Darvish!
38:03: Cubs Hunger Games.
* Hoisted on his own Joetard!
* Maddon's metaphysics.
39:47: More Media Misfires.
* (Actually Jordan Bastian, MLB.com:) Bauer's Outing Highlights New Challenge For Cubs.
47:52: Time For Theo To Move On?
55:17: Rickey Bunteria.
* Plus: White Supremacy And White Sox Wives.
57:52: Missing Trubisky.
* Rhodes: "An artificial narrative based on misplaced hope."
* The Montreal Impact, Trump and Meeting The Moment.
This argument has always been so strange, that "lie" can only be used very infrequently because of its "power." We're in the accuracy business. If someone commits 1,000 crimes, we don't call two of them "crimes" and the other 998 "non-legal activities." https://t.co/7ISAIk1Ofo pic.twitter.com/7DT5Hcvoib— Daniel Dale (@ddale8) August 8, 2019
1:09:04: Postscript | TrackNotes: Finding The Arlington Million.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
The virus doesn't care how much you want to watch a game. Plus: Other Sports Are Also Back Pending Death; Pandemic Baseball Sucks; Hub Bubs; Hall Of Fame Hossa; The Mystery Of Mitch's Motivation; Choking On Chalk; and It Was Unmistakably A Noose.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #310: Baseball Is Back! (But Is It Really?)" »
Posted on Jun 26, 2020
Walls are falling. Plus: Rob Manfred Is A Cop; Wet Hot American Long Gone Summer; Bubble Life; Better At It Than Baseball; and Belmont Betting.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #309: Life In The Fast Lane" »
Posted on Jun 19, 2020
A moment when everything seems possible. Plus: MLB Draft's Dizzying Heights Of Hype; We Blame The (Lying) Owners; The Neverending Sammy Sosa Saga; and NBA & NHL Flux.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #308: We're All NASCAR Now" »
Posted on Jun 12, 2020