Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Ten games from now, they'll be in the same position they are in today. (It will still be fun, though.) Plus: Giant Flop; Addison Russell Sent Down To Learn The Signs; Boy Scout Kris Bryant Piling Up Merit Badges; Mea Culpa: Maybe Maddon Was Right About The Happ-Almora Platoon; Pedro Strop Is Carl Edwards Jr. Jr.; Robel Garcia Is Not Totally The Answer; Daddy BenZo Speaks; Road Woes; Darvish Delusions; Roadish Games; White Sox Suck; What's Really Behind The Home Run Surge; The Only Real News From Training Camp, Ever; Andrew Shaw's Crab House; and DePaul Finally Trying To Win.
* Jim Otto.
* Miniature scissors that briefly enthralled us:
1:39: Giant Flop.
* San Francisco series cost them Bumgarner!
10:36: Addison Russell Sent Down To Learn The Signs.
* Rogers: Cubs' Russell Says He Can't Be Missing Signs.
25:04: Mea Culpa: Maybe Maddon Was Right About The Happ-Almora Platoon.
* Second-half management will be brutally optimized.
32:52: Pedro Strop Is Carl Edwards Jr. Jr.
* Brandon Kintzler is not (anymore).
35:37: Robel Garcia Is Not Totally The Answer.
* But still an amazing story.
37:30: Daddy BenZo Speaks.
41:27: Cubs Counternarrative.
* Rhodes: Ten games from now, they'll be in the same position they are in today. (It will still be fun, though.)
49:22: Road Woes.
* Know your team, Joe!
51:22: Darvish Delusions.
* Media continues to grade Yu on a curve - against himself.
52:21: Roadish Games.
* Milwaukee is half a road game. St. Louis is a fourth of a road game.
57:28: White Sox Suck.
* 3-11 since the All-Star break.
* Climate change, for one thing!
59:31: The Only Real News From Training Camp, Ever.
* Ha Ha Clinton-Dix can't prove it on the PUP.
1:04:55: Andrew Shaw's Crab House.
1:06:22 DePaul Finally Tries To Win.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Once the season begins, the other eight defenders are given instruction and practice during pre-game drills. Not so with pitchers, and it shows.Continue reading "Pitchers Can't Catch" »
Posted on Aug 10, 2020
The (physical) jewel of American racing will soon become another array of condos, apartments and strip shopping that has already made Arlington Heights just so special.Continue reading "TrackNotes: 22-Year Temper Tantrum Approaches Endgame" »
Posted on Aug 5, 2020
The reality of a fall without sports is sinking in.Continue reading "Forced Sports Timeout Puts Squeeze On College Coffers, Scholarships And Towns" »
Posted on Aug 5, 2020
Sherman's "March to the Sea" commemorated on a hockey jersey.Continue reading "Why A Canadian Hockey Team's Name Recalls U.S. Civil War Destruction" »
Posted on Aug 4, 2020