Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Just see the team in front of you, please. Plus: The Candy Man, Where Will Willy Play, Theo's Trades & Bad Baserunning; Rested White Sox Wither; Bears Angry At Video Game Ratings; Mark Potash vs. Stan Bowman; and Best Offseason Ever?
* Rhodes solo: The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #260.
1:37: Coach In Mexico City.
* Jewish Telegraph Agency: Mexico City's Jewish Mayor Wants To Be Identified By Her Policies, Not Her Ethnicity.
* Wikipedia: History Of The Jews In Mexico.
14:24: Cubs As They Are.
* Joe Maddon's Pirate Dream.
* The Other Teams Got A Rest, Too!
23:50: The Candy Man, Where Will Willy Play, Theo's Trades & Bad Baserunning.
* You want Martin Maldonado in there at times like this.
* Mike Montgomery has left the room.
* The Cubs too often have nothing left to show of their trades - except a World Series, of course, but still.
* Disrespecting 90, 180, 270, and 360.
41:29 Rested White Sox Wither.
* Fernando Tatis Jr. and Manny Machado come to town, but not in White Sox uniforms. Luis Robert not in town.
* Coffman: "The White Sox were a house of cards."
* Rickey Renteria only on the theoretical hot seat.
Really, Stoney? Hawk Stone.
53:47: Bears Angry At Video Game Ratings.
And so on.
56:29: Mark Potash vs. Stan Bowman vs. Read The Replies Too.
No matter how he spins it, Stan Bowman is trading a player he drafted 29th overall just two years ago. In 10 years as GM, none of Bowman's first-round picks has played even two full seasons with the Hawks. Jokiharju is the sixth straight first-rounder he signed that he's traded: pic.twitter.com/5BCNKN2Jeo— Mark Potash (@MarkPotash) July 9, 2019
* We miss Panarin, Teravainen, and now, Anisimov. Plus, Daley and Kempny. That's a helluva team they could've had!
1:04:16: Best Offseason Ever?
* The NBA is hitting on all cylinders.
* E-mail from Tom Chambers, our man on the rail:
If you haven't finished recording the podcast yet . . . (we were in the midst of it):
Several tracks are closed tomorrow because of the heat.
-> Saratoga closed. Feature was to be the Coaching Club American Oaks (Grade I, 3-year-old fillies, $500,000). They hope to open Sunday and run it then.
-> Not sure as of now if Monmouth, on the Jersey Shore, is going to close, although I hope they do. Not sure how much of a shit they give. The Haskell Invitational (Grade I, 3-year-olds, $1,000,000). Forecast is for 95+ degrees.
These are the other closings as of now: Belterra Park, Delaware Park, Ellis Park, Finger Lakes Gaming & Racetrack, Laurel Park, Parx Racing.
Later from Tom:
Maldonado just framed a K!
With these umps, need that.
Is he any relation to Candy?
Not Candy Ride. He's a horse. Bred in Argentina and he's a happy stud up here.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #291: Derrick Rose Wishes He Was A Dentist & Other Strange Stories Of The Week
Rich basketball player jealous of teeth-pullers. Plus: Joe Maddon Is A Liar And Clever Things To Say About The Buffalo Sabres, The Houston Asterisks, John Henry, Charles Barkley, The Chicago Bulls, The Chicago Blackhawks, Adderall & eSports; Bobby Knight; Jason Kipnis, Spring Training, PECOTA, Kenny Williams and Illinois' Basketball Nation.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #291: Derrick Rose Wishes He Was A Dentist & Other Strange Stories Of The Week" »
Posted on Feb 14, 2020