Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Plus: Player Notes (Alzolay to Zagunis).
And: Hate The Grate.
2:16: Reset Reality Check!
* The real reset is pre- and post-trading deadline.
* Second-half narratives.
* The missing "W" - Why.
* Setting the tone in an echo chamber.
* The performative Kris Bryant.
* Unlike Cubs media, Pepperidge Farms remembers.
* One thing I agree with Len Kasper on.
22:42: Player Notes.
* Kyle Schwarber.
* Kris Bryant.
* Robel Garcia.
* Victor Caratini.
* Willson Contreras.
I said it first:
Victor Caratini is, on balance, the rightful regular starting catcher for the Cubs. They should find more playing time for Contreras in the corner OF spots, at the expense of Schwarber and Almora, and have Caratini catch more. He's not a star, but he's solidly league-average. https://t.co/vOWXz12exV— Matthew Trueblood (@MATrueblood) July 14, 2019
* Note: It turns out Contreras was out Sunday because of a sore foot.
* Yu Darvish.
* Craig Kimbrel.
* Jason Heyward.
46:48: Pat Hughes Is Getting Loose - But Loony.
* P.S.: Both teams refresh, Pat!
52:54: Down On The Farm.
* Ian Happ.
* Adbert Alzolay.
* Mark Zagunis.
1:04:25 Hate The Grate.
* Everything I loathe about the public and its venues.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »