Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
On a roll. Plus: The Game Chicago Going Under; The Ultimate Theo-Era Cubs Headline; Still Okay To Take Blackhawks For Granted; and Jimmy The Butler.
3:10: The Bears Are Like Butter - On A Roll!
* It's a trap game!
* Lovie mania.
* Arians amnesia.
* Testy Tresty:
* Wiederer: Trestman Becoming Increasingly Guarded.
* Two days later:
In fairness to Marc Trestman after Monday, I think he might've had a Snickers today. Was much closer to himself.— Dan Wiederer (@danwiederer) November 19, 2014
* Don't be just a guy, Marc.
* "Emery hired Mel Tucker on the recommendation of a high-ranked staffer," Mike Mullligan writes for the Tribune.
"He also brought in Joe DeCamillis as special teams coordinator and assistant head coach. Trestman approved of those moves, but it was Emery who knew DeCamillis and interviewed him for the job that eventually went to Trestman."
* Yup, that's right: Emery actually interviewed DeCamillis for the Bears' head coaching job.
30:00: The Game Chicago Going Under.
* Kap & Haugh, barf.
* Not even worth a hate-listen.
* Stale names, no innovation.
Correction: Chris Rongey still works for The Score.
* Virtually nobody was listening.
* "It was a poorly kept secret that the days were numbered for our friends/competitors at WGWG-FM," Dan Bernstein of The Score writes.
"A bad signal on the dial, haphazard management and inconsistent leadership conspired to doom the effort from the start, so we were already feeling for friends who had taken on professional and personal risk to be part of a start-up station in one of the country's most competitive radio markets.
"But even if the data had been showing it was only a matter of time before The Game ended, the way it went down Thursday was bush league."
* The Game vs. Vocalo.
* Memo to Sports Punditry: Not agreeing with the Cubs' approach is not the same thing as not understanding it. To the contrary, we understand it all too well. It is you, smug arbiters of smartness, who fail monumentally at doing your jobs as journalists.
* Schwarber's not even going to play catcher!
* To make things worse, this story was written by the only skeptical reporter on the local beat (Telander and Morrissey don't count; they're just channeling their inner Abe Simpsons.)
* Stop worrying about the Ricketts' money! Demand they spend some of their largesse instead of spending your pitiful wages while shoving millions of dollars in profits in their overstuffed pockets! My God, people, wake up!
* The market rate is set by the market!
* They could have enacted The Plan in reverse - in other words, forward instead of backward.
* Rick Hahn has a plan, too.
1:03:33: Still Okay To Take Blackhawks For Granted.
* Danny Carcillo now driving mini-van.
* Bright idea:
1:06:40: Jimmy The Butler.
* Joakim Kneeah.
STOPPAGE TIME: 9:20.
For more including archives, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Chicago's champions. Plus: Bears Money Is Stupid; The Cheaters vs. The Tomahawkers; Yasmanknee Grandal; Cubs Have It Their Way; Bielema Dilemma; Bulls Reportedly Trying To Be Suns; Bowman's Blackhawks Bombing; and Red Stars Reach For Sky.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #379: Sky High" »
Posted on Oct 22, 2021