Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Cubs continuing conundrums. Plus: Cubs To Be Well Represented In All-Star Game If You Include Alumni; The Unprecedented Nature Of Kris Bryant; The NL Central Actually Sucks; All-Star Catcher Willson Contreras Is Actually Worse Than We Thought; Tim Anderson's Got An Ankle; Yonder DFAlonso; I'm Going To A White Sox Game; Stan Bowman Rolls Draft Dice; and Rapinoe, France & Eric Trump's Spitter.
:28: Cubs Still Far More Interesting Than White Sox.
* It's a meritocracy!
2:39: Cubs Comebacks And Craig Kimbrel Cap Off Crappy Week.
* On to Cincinnati!
* Jesse Rogers:
First off, he'll pitch only three or fewer outs. So one inning will be the right-hander's max. "Remember when I got Aroldis [Chapman] and popped him in there for three-plus [outs] and I thought it was cool?" Maddon said. "But it wasn't."
"He'll be slotted, and really carefully. As we get to the latter part of September, as it's necessary, that's where you look at the four outs sometimes. I hope not five . . . He'll be a three-out guy."
* CarGo could soon be CarGone!
* Jason Heyward is hot again.
* Cole Hamels is aces.
* Yu Darvish once again destroys "progress" narrative.
* Note: Darvish had 10 straight NDs before his L this week.
* Momentum is when Yu Darvish is not the next day's pitcher.
25:50: Cubs To Be Well-Represented In All-Star Game If You Include Alumni.
* Willson Contreras, Javy Baez, DJ LaMahieu voted in; Cole Hamels likely; Kris Bryant, Anthony Rizzo, Tommy La Stella, Gleybor Torres, Dan Vogelbach possible reserves.
27:01: The Unprecedented Nature Of Kris Bryant.
* Has an MVP-caliber player ever played so many positions?
* But . . .
He was 1 for 1 last night. So now 2 for 13 with RISP in June as he grounds into a 5-3 DP. https://t.co/CGJ3WCzlWP— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) June 26, 2019
* A continuing problem . . .
Just mentioned on radio, the Cubs have fallen to last in the NL in BA with RISP. Hard to imagine with Miami and others in the league. And over their last 5 games, they're last in OBP. So not getting on and when they do, not getting them in much. Bad formula. (Still third in OBP)— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) June 19, 2019
MLB AVG w/RISP is .261— The RISP-O-Meter (@BleacherMeter) June 28, 2019
Cubs are at .245
Willy = .345
Descalso = .324 (SHOCKING)
Javy = .311
Rizzo = .283
Bote = .250
Caratini = .214
J-Hey = .212
KB = .200
Almora = .179
Schwarbs = .173
Russell = .136
Can you hit with RISP? If so, welcome.— ErraticCubsFan (@ErraticFan) June 27, 2019
35:59: The NL Central Actually Sucks.
* Cubs would not be in first in any other division.
37:49: All-Star Catcher Willson Contreras Is Even Worse Than We Thought.
* Keeps both teams in the game!
43:48: Tim Anderson's Got An Ankle.
* Take your time, Tim, your team isn't trying to win.
45:08: Yonder DFAlonso.
* We'll always remember your 39 hits.
48:01: I'm Going To A White Sox Game.
* 3:12 starting time against the Twins.
* Honky Tonk BBQ?
* I don't really get Chinatown. How is it fun, exactly?
52:06: Stan Bowman Rolls Draft Dice.
1:00:40: Rapinoe, France & Eric Trump's Spitter.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
They set the table.Continue reading "Hail To The Placeholders" »
Posted on Sep 21, 2020