Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Pleasure greatly exceeded by pressure, urgency, payroll, bullpen, Bryzzo. Plus: Most Dramatic Week Of White Sox Season Already Over; TWIB Notes; Tiger Woods Is No Ben Hogan, Muhammad Ali Or Rick Allen; Third-Choice Porter Moser Lays Down A Marker; and Bears Skipping First Day Of Draft.
2:36: Pleasure Greatly Exceeded By Pressure, Urgency, Bullpen, Bryzzo.
* Cubs Get Well In Miami. But Then, Who Doesn't?
"Derek Jeter the owner is facing anger Derek Jeter the player would never understand," the New York Post reports.
"He's so disliked in Miami that on a night of joy at the Heat game for the final home game for Dwyane Wade - essentially Miami's Derek Jeter - the Marlins CEO was booed Tuesday when shown on the big screen at AmericanAirlines Arena."
* Bryzzo Abrysmal: Supporting Cast Picks Up Slumping Stars.
* Russell's Return: On Target For May 3rd.
* Sorry Mr. Gooner, You're A Goner!
Yu Darvish throws the most devastating fastball of his career. pic.twitter.com/sicvVLhnUL— Cut4 (@Cut4) April 16, 2019
36:58: Most Dramatic Week Of White Sox Season Is Already Over.
* "Tim Anderson Didn't Bat Flip, He Bat Chucked."
Tim Anderson didn't bat flip. he bat chucked. pic.twitter.com/Kk5bom8RQf— Austin Huff (@AustinHuff) April 17, 2019
* Journesia Alert: Ozzie Guillen Demoted A Pitcher Who Didn't Plunk A Batter.
47:30: TWIB Notes.
* The One Who Got Away Long Before Gleyber Torres.
Gold star signing of the #Yankees offseason: DJ LeMahieu has reached in 25-of-51 plate appearances this season, batting .432/.490/.545 (19-for-44) with 9R, 5 doubles, 7RBI, 5BB and 1HP.— David Lennon (@DPLennon) April 14, 2019
* Unlike The Cubs, The Phillies Didn't Run Out Of Money.
You want to know the economic impact Bryce Harper and his new teammates have made with the #Phillies this season? The Phillies' attendance is up 11,906 a game over a year ago, more than tripling the increase of any other National League team— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) April 17, 2019
* New York Times: Starting Pitching Thrives On The Team That Created The Opener.
* Yay, Tiger Woods came back from being a massive scumbag! We're crying! Sports!
1:01:40: Bears Skipping First Day Of Draft.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »