Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Baseball is back in all its dysfunction and glory. Plus: Bears Relatively Needless - Except The One Position They Refuse To Spend More Money On To Fix; Trestman Train At Last Stop; Blackhawks Dream Over; Bulls Fantasy Beginning; and Schweinsteiger!
* A comedy workshop.
7:17: Sad White Sox Stories Say So Much - Usually About The Cubs.
* Coffman: "It's a big week for mono."
* Cubs lead league in spring training attendance; White Sox are 21st.
* Coffman, SportsMonday: "This team won 95 games last year. It won 95 with its best hitter missing 60 and struggling with the after-effects of an injured shoulder for half of the rest of them. It won 95 with an absolute ace pitcher sidelined virtually throughout. There might be something I'm missing, but I don't think so."
* How To Make A Cactus-Grapefruit Marriage Work: A Coffman Family Rom-Com.
36:35: Bears Relatively Needless - Except The One Position They Refuse To Spend More Money On To Fix.
* Biggs: 10 Thoughts On The Bears.
* Adrian Amos, TCB.
* Bears will not throw money at the one position they most definitely need help at!
52:41: Trestman Train At Last Stop.
1:03:28: Blackhawks Dream Over.
1:04:07: Bulls Fantasy Beginning.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
1. From Tom Chambers:
Until the Bears can prove they can build a winner, they can't.
They had, like a bird flying into it, their window last year. I will bet either or both of you $50 that the Bears won't reach the Super Bowl with this team.
C'mon. Go to battle with a failure kicker? Classic Bears. Classic. Generations DNA Bears. I remember when their biggest weapon was their punter! There are hundreds more examples.
Sorry gents, this has been going on for decades. I'll believe it when I see it, simultaneously with their search for a KICKER!.
They make a 33-year old Twinkie last forever. They have 60+ years of ineptitude to overcome.
The Bears have done nothing but disappoint and taunt this city since the day I was born.
P.S. The punks didn't give Walter the ball.
2. From Andrea Kaspryk:
The American Alliance Football league may be a good place to possibly find a good, reliable kicker.
Will Bob Baffert ever go away? Churchill Downs Inc.: It's just what they do. Dickie D. dead. Cliches can shape your biorhythms. Double-teaming justice. You look just like. We asked one person, me.Continue reading "TrackNotes: Back To The Future" »
Posted on Jan 28, 2022
Electric, indefatigable and, finally, undenied.Continue reading "Minnie Miñoso Was Very, Very Good To Us" »
Posted on Dec 9, 2021