Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Offense cold as The Freeze. Plus: Judging Joe; Back To The Future; Joe's Job (In)security; Jason Benetti's Awesome Statcast; The 2018 Cubs Lacked Killer Instincts; Dr. Theo & Mr. Epstein; Bring Cole Hamels Back; White Sox Season In Verse; State Of The Bears; Blackhawks Should Get Used To Winning Ugly; Bulls Set To Open Most Boring Season Yet; There Is Nothing To Say About College Football; TrackNotes, Racing Luck; Ugly Light-Up Christmas Sweaters Now With Audio!; and Tempered Expectations For 2019 Cubs.
* Coffman: "My god, someone get a freakin' hit!"
* Theo's State of the Cubs Union: "Our offense broke."
8:40: Judging Joe.
* Rhodes: "It's possible for both of the following statements to be true . . . "
* Terrance Gore's Other Job:
* When you don't want to see Jason Heyward or Kyle Schwarber in a pinch-hit situation.
* FanGraphs: Kyle Chokeber.
16:43: Back To The Future.
* Get Manny!
* Get rid of Addy!
* Rhodes: "Theo is the Ryan Pace of the Cubs!"
* Worst 95-win team ever!
24:05: Maddon's Job (In)security.
* Joe Thibodeau!
* Now we know why Maddon was so defensive this year.
* Theo: "Launch angle is not a fad."
37:30: Jason Benetti's Awesome Statcast.
39:59: Theo: 2018 Cubs Lacked Killer Instinct.
* Lester: Team was complacent, arrogant.
* Rhodes: Maybe Maddon's Game 3 and getaway day lineups were complacent . . .
* Javy: We paid too much attention to other teams.
50:16 Dr. Theo & Mr. Epstein.
* Terrible offseason, great midseason.
54:11 Bring Cole Hamels Back.
54:52: White Sox Season In Verse.
55:19: State Of The Bears.
* Coffman: "Jordan Howard better get over himself."
* Trubisky? How 'bout Mahomes!
* Next up: Fins, Pats.
* Smokin' Jay Cutler.
1:07:47: Bulls Set To Open Most Boring Season Yet.
1:08:05: There Is Nothing To Say About College Football.
1:08:12: TrackNotes: Racing Luck.
1:12:15: Tempered Cubs Expectations For 2019?
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
The higher purpose: Cheap-shit condos and another Starbucks.Continue reading "TrackNotes: Arlington's Amber Alert" »
Posted on Feb 26, 2021
In an age where a small-market team like San Diego makes a splash with a $340 million deal for Fernando Tatis, Jr., the owners claim they simply can't continue to stock the rosters of 160 minor league teams, paying many players less than minimum wage.Continue reading "MLB Cuts Out The Heart Of America" »
Posted on Feb 22, 2021