Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
The truth comes out about Brandon Morrow, the latest reliever the Cubs manager has ruined. Plus: Addison Russell Placed On Administrative Leave; Confounding Cubs; Mitch Trubinsky; NU & The Zips; and Post-Thibodeau Stress Disorder.
:20: Addison Russell Placed On Administrative Leave.
* Melisa Reidy-Russell: You No Longer Have A Secret, You Have A Story.
The Cubs called Addison Russell into their offices this morning. He continues to deny ever physically harming his ex-wife. It's still unclear if she will cooperate with a league investigation, https://t.co/zRpBdtBjF3— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) September 21, 2018
13:02: Mitch Trubinsky.
* Coffman: "[I] is a complete waste of time to make comparisons between [Trubisky's] performance and that of fellow 2017 first-rounders Pat Mahomes and Deshaun Watson . . . let's all try to avoid [that] stuff until at least halfway through the season OK?"
* "With Sam Bradford at quarteback, the Cardinals have lost 24-6 to the Redskins and 34-0 to the Rams. They have yet to reach opponent territory when the game is within three touchdowns. In fact, they had just one play in Rams territory Sunday - the final snap of the game."
47:20: Confounding Cubs.
* El Mago Number Down To 8.
* Crosstown Classic: Hawk Harrelson Goes Out As Awfully As He Broadcasted
58:20:Maybe Maddon Will Get Fired After All!
* Add Brandon Morrow to the list of relievers he's destroyed.
* Jesse Rogers: "Part of the narrative regarding the two players revolves around who is to blame for the injuries. It's possible to draw a direct line from their issues back to Cubs manager Joe Maddon. On Tuesday, team president Theo Epstein documented the timeline regarding Morrow first feeling pain in his arm. It came in early June, after Maddon used him in three straight games."
"He did say it bothered him after that," Maddon admitted on Wednesday. "You can't dispute that."
"I think that's a lesson learned," Epstein said in regards to the careful intentions planned for Morrow before the season because of his injury history and postseason usage. "Never to stray away from structure."
BERNSTEIN: Doesn't it sound like they're blaming Joe for Morrow being hurt?
MCKNIGHT: It kinda does . . .
BERNSTEIN: Theo doesn't say things without a purpose . . . 'We had a plan to not use him three days in a row.'
MCKNIGHT: Sometimes bullpen management hasn't gone the way they've all planned together.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Meanwhile, Maddon might have choices. Plus: The Non-Mystery Of Why Virtually No One Is Calling Ozzie Guillen; The Bears Have Become The Cubs; I Figured Out How To Fix The Cubs, AMA; The Self-Impeaching Steve Stone Has Lost His Mind; There Is A Chance The Blackhawks Aren't As Bad As They Were In Their Home Opener; The NBA, China, The Score & You; The Lovie Smith Experiment Isn't Working; Thank You, Basti; It's A Red Stars Semi; and Congrats To An Old Favorite.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #273: Grandpa Vs. The Field" »
Posted on Oct 11, 2019
Bernstein & McKnight shrug off China's dystopian authoritarianism because, hey, we're all guilty.Continue reading "The NBA, China, The Score & You" »
Posted on Oct 11, 2019
"There's things within [the NFL] that I do not agree with at all, and I was not about to go and be of service to them in any way."Continue reading "'I Just Couldn't Be a Sellout' | Why Rihanna Turned Down The Super Bowl Halftime Show" »
Posted on Oct 10, 2019
In public, he says he just wants to bring joy to the fans who really own his teams. In private, he says finishing second is the best business model because it keeps fans hungry and hopeful.Continue reading "Jerry Reinsdorf Isn't In It For The Money (LOL)" »
Posted on Oct 7, 2019