Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
He's not going anywhere but the playoffs. Plus: Hot White Sox Screwing Eloy; Fake Bears Finish Fake Pre-Season With Fake Hopes; and NU's Ridiculous Football Palace On The Lake.
1:21: Maddon Madness & Magic.
* Minooka: "A nice place to call home."
* Nightengale, USA Today: "Joe Maddon helped lead the Chicago Cubs to the Holy Grail of sports, with a consistent level of success they haven't seen in a century, but there are whispers his job could be in jeopardy if they don't play deep into October."
* Bernstein & McKnight, The Score: "Joe Maddon Calls Report On His Job Security 'Dumb.'"
* Musical chairs:
Here's your nightly Javier Baez highlight. pic.twitter.com/SwYoHp182X— Cubs Live (@Cubs_Live) August 31, 2018
32:43: Hot White Sox Screwing Eloy.
* Wallenstein: "His homophobic, racist tweets are not the lone blemish on his ledger. He received a 50-game suspension for a banned stimulant in 2015, and a year later he punched a teammate in spring training, breaking his hand."
* To Rick Hahn's way of thinking, Ryan LaMarre checks all the boxes but Eloy Jimenez doesn't. Because one box is protecting service time.
43:26: Fake Bears Finish Fake Pre-Season With Fake Hopes.
* A lot of McCaskey mouths to feed.
* It was the Chicago Tribune!
Rodgers on Chicago Tribune's tweet 'Wisconsin man gets a pay raise': "They've done multiple headlines not mentioning by name and I find it all pretty comical. It is what it is. We've beat them a bunch in mine and Favre's eras over the past 20 years-or-so of Packer football."— Josh Tolentino (@JCTSports) August 30, 2018
1:00:34: NU's Ridiculous Football Palace On The Lake.
Benjamin J. Cat, producer.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Thursday was supposed to be opening day for Major League Baseball, but stadiums are empty, with the season postponed due to the coronavirus outbreak. Instead, parking lots are being used to store unused rental vehicles.Continue reading "Unused Rental Cars Parked At Baseball Stadiums" »
Posted on Mar 28, 2020
Someday there will be another one, and when it arrives, the emotions, joy and hopes will burst forth possibly like never before. May we all be here to add it to our Opening Day memories.Continue reading "An Opening Day Requiem" »
Posted on Mar 27, 2020
Sure, the Bears are Chicago's team, but if basketball wasn't number one in Chicago before the '90s, the glorious run of Michael Jordan's six-time champ Bulls made it so.Continue reading "Missing Chicago's Game" »
Posted on Mar 25, 2020