Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
He's not going anywhere but the playoffs. Plus: Hot White Sox Screwing Eloy; Fake Bears Finish Fake Pre-Season With Fake Hopes; and NU's Ridiculous Football Palace On The Lake.
1:21: Maddon Madness & Magic.
* Minooka: "A nice place to call home."
* Nightengale, USA Today: "Joe Maddon helped lead the Chicago Cubs to the Holy Grail of sports, with a consistent level of success they haven't seen in a century, but there are whispers his job could be in jeopardy if they don't play deep into October."
* Bernstein & McKnight, The Score: "Joe Maddon Calls Report On His Job Security 'Dumb.'"
* Musical chairs:
Here's your nightly Javier Baez highlight. pic.twitter.com/SwYoHp182X— Cubs Live (@Cubs_Live) August 31, 2018
32:43: Hot White Sox Screwing Eloy.
* Wallenstein: "His homophobic, racist tweets are not the lone blemish on his ledger. He received a 50-game suspension for a banned stimulant in 2015, and a year later he punched a teammate in spring training, breaking his hand."
* To Rick Hahn's way of thinking, Ryan LaMarre checks all the boxes but Eloy Jimenez doesn't. Because one box is protecting service time.
43:26: Fake Bears Finish Fake Pre-Season With Fake Hopes.
* A lot of McCaskey mouths to feed.
* It was the Chicago Tribune!
Rodgers on Chicago Tribune's tweet 'Wisconsin man gets a pay raise': "They've done multiple headlines not mentioning by name and I find it all pretty comical. It is what it is. We've beat them a bunch in mine and Favre's eras over the past 20 years-or-so of Packer football."— Josh Tolentino (@JCTSports) August 30, 2018
1:00:34: NU's Ridiculous Football Palace On The Lake.
Benjamin J. Cat, producer.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Meanwhile, Maddon might have choices. Plus: The Non-Mystery Of Why Virtually No One Is Calling Ozzie Guillen; The Bears Have Become The Cubs; I Figured Out How To Fix The Cubs, AMA; The Self-Impeaching Steve Stone Has Lost His Mind; There Is A Chance The Blackhawks Aren't As Bad As They Were In Their Home Opener; The NBA, China, The Score & You; The Lovie Smith Experiment Isn't Working; Thank You, Basti; It's A Red Stars Semi; and Congrats To An Old Favorite.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #273: Grandpa Vs. The Field" »
Posted on Oct 11, 2019
Bernstein & McKnight shrug off China's dystopian authoritarianism because, hey, we're all guilty.Continue reading "The NBA, China, The Score & You" »
Posted on Oct 11, 2019
"There's things within [the NFL] that I do not agree with at all, and I was not about to go and be of service to them in any way."Continue reading "'I Just Couldn't Be a Sellout' | Why Rihanna Turned Down The Super Bowl Halftime Show" »
Posted on Oct 10, 2019
In public, he says he just wants to bring joy to the fans who really own his teams. In private, he says finishing second is the best business model because it keeps fans hungry and hopeful.Continue reading "Jerry Reinsdorf Isn't In It For The Money (LOL)" »
Posted on Oct 7, 2019