Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
The continuing problem no one talks about anymore. Plus: I Predicted The World Cup's Final Four; Mr. Cowley; The Blackhawks Signed Some Free Agents; White Sox Waiting Game Sucks; Land Of Boz; and Cubs Factors.
* Benny's Bucktown Beachwood Bureau.
2:07: The Continuing Problem Of Local TV News That No One Talks About Anymore.
* Local TV news is hurting America.
* Grant proposal: A Day In The Life Of Facts/News/Local TV/Media.
* Who is really stealing content.
19:07: I Predicted The World Cup's Final Four.
* Last week's Show Notes: "Don't sleep on France."
* England's Sterling (not Sylvester).
* I couldn't find the tweet that was as clever as I remembered.
27:28: Mr. Cowley.
It's very possible that Jimmy Butler is planning to leave Minnesota, and it's very possible Butler is not happy being here now, but if Joe Cowley wrote a column stating that "Tomorrow is the Fourth of July" it would be worth checking twice just to see if the date got changed.— Aaron Gleeman (@AaronGleeman) July 3, 2018
I'll shut up about this now, but one last thing: This is truly the mark of an unhinged, uninformed troll throwing shit against the wall. It would be like saying, "LeBron James is bad at basketball." @brittrobson is the best basketball writer in Minnesota. https://t.co/pe4EG02UWC— Aaron Gleeman (@AaronGleeman) July 3, 2018
If anyone believes Joe Cowley is an agenda-free, objective reporter, then they are a lousy judge of character. Ignore the bullshit. Butler, Thibs, Towns, Wiggins are together for the 2018-19 season. Everyone knows the rubber meets the road a year from now. Many Q answered by then— brittrobson (@brittrobson) July 3, 2018
36:28: White Sox Waiting Game Sucks.
38:31: Land Of Boz.
42:56: Cubs Factors.
* "Almora's not sure he's doing anything differently against right-handers beyond just seeing more of them as his playing time has increased."
* "Lester, admittedly, had a bad year in 2017, with his ERA ballooning to 4.33. Physically, he simply could not recover between starts."
* Theo: "The majority of our answers lie within."
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
If the regulation had been altered as Perdue wanted, it would have been a boon for some of his largest donors. Perdue has received hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from the owners of professional sports clubs, including now-fellow Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler, who co-owns Atlanta's WNBA team, the Dream.Continue reading "Georgia Senator David Perdue Privately Pushed For A Tax Break For Rich Team Owners" »
Posted on Nov 22, 2020
Evading guidelines meant to save lives because for some reason the games must go on.Continue reading "New Mexico Basketball Teams Flee To Texas COVID Hotspots" »
Posted on Nov 22, 2020
Country on a sportswashing spree.Continue reading "Formula One's Dirty Saudi Deal" »
Posted on Nov 10, 2020