Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
That's a clown column, bro. Plus: Crazy Uncle Joe's Overmanaging Like It's Going Out Of Style; The Capitals' Blackhawk; Warriors Came Out To Play; White Sox Tips; TrackNotes Tips; The Unbelievable Money In eSports; Bet Delaware; Schweinsteiger! and The Minnesota Lynx Dunk On Donald Trump.
:43: The Capitals, The Cup & Kempny.
so are we in stoppage time now?— Derek Caron (@dcaron28) June 8, 2018
* Washington Post: Washington Has A New Hero. His Name Is Devante Smith-Pelly.
My kid's butt was in that thing. https://t.co/qemQkKA5Lt— Mark Lazerus (@MarkLazerus) June 8, 2018
* Washington Post: Alex Ovechkin Is One Of Putin's Biggest Fans. The Question Is, Why?
22:21: Warriors Came Out To Play.
* FiveThirtyEight: Is Kevin Durant The Finals MVP?
27:38: Bears Media, Donald Trump And George McCaskey Are Clowns, Bro.
* Fanboy Media In Fine Form.
* Chase Daniels Is The New Mark Sanchez.
* Mike Sielski, Philadelphia Daily News: An Absurd Afternoon At The White House With Donald Trump, And Without The Eagles.
That's a clown column, bro.
* Also clowning it up: Brad Biggs, Patrick Finley.
46:24: Your Crazy Uncle Joe Maddon Overmanaging Like It's Going Out Of Style.
* Crazy lineups! Crazy bullpen churn! Crazy refusal to ever admit being wrong! Bring back the pajama parties!
Phillies hitting coach John Mallee is back at Wrigley Field where he had the same job with the Cubs from 2015-2017. He was fired despite helping them to the playoffs 3 straight years as the team wanted to get better in situational hitting -- though Theo Epstein said he was only dismissed because current hitting coach Chili Davis became available: "He felt they needed to take the offense to another level and there was someone else better equipped to do that than me.," Mallee said. "Do I agree with it? No. Do I accept it? Absolutely." Mallee also said he is fine with Epstein but paused and showed some awkwardness when asked about Joe Maddon. Maddon has been critical of teaching the use of "launch angles" from youth levels all the way up to pro baseball -- something Mallee stressed often -- though he said on Tuesday the goal is always for a good line drive.
Davis had been under fire in Boston for the Red Sox's lack of home runs and his aversion to the "launch angle" philosophy.
* Joe Maddon on launch angles: 'They sound good, but they don't help you.'
So there you have it.
* "No. 1: Be not disappointed if Ricky's Boys do, in fact, Quit, or at the very least get outscored by a bunch of runs."
1:05:24: Tom's TrackNotes: Justify? Justify.
* "For the second time in three years, there's a real chance the church ladies will have to add another square to the quilt, number 13."
* "As a spectator sport, video games generate viewership at least on par with professional leagues."
* "The state now has legal wagering within driving distance of three major East Coast cities."
"With the US soccer team eliminated, the genetic testing company and Fox Sports get together to drum up interest in the tournament."
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Sports Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Don't pity the White Sox.Continue reading "Coin Is The Lord Of The Realm" »
Posted on Jul 15, 2019