Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Exposed as a deceptively high-strung, arrogant, patronizing bullshitter. Plus: National Boner Association; Hit Me On The Burner, Prepaid Wireless; The NHL's Medieval Times On Ice; Bears OTAs: Over The Adoration; James Shields Is An Asset, Lucas Giolito Is A Disappointment And Michael Kopech Is In The Major League Witness Protection Program Or Something; and Schweinsteiger!
:47: National Boner Association.
* New York Times: How The Warriors Won A Wild Game 1 Vs. Cavs.
12:50: Hit Me On The Burner, Prepaid Wireless.
21:40: The NHL's Medieval Times On Ice.
* Las Vegas Review-Journal: Stanley Cup Final Prop Bets For Knights-Capitals Game 3.
* The capitol of Kansas is Topeka.
* Washington Post: Alex Ovechkin Is One Of Putin's Biggest Fans. The Question Is Why.
25:25: Bears OTAs: Over The Adoration.
* Sun-Times: Small Issue: Bears' Matt Nagy Not Afraid To Pair Taylor Gabriel With Tarik Cohen.
(We refuse to provide the link. You've seen all you need to see.)
26:28: This Week In The Cubs. This Week In Joe Maddon's Cubsland. As Joe Maddon's Cubs Turn. This Week In Joe Maddon's Cubbieverse. Joe Maddon's Gaslight Theater. I'm Done With Joe Maddon.
* TWIB Notes.
* Willie, Mickey and The Duke.
* Gimenez: I Think Yu Darvish Thinks Chicago Hates Him.
That's a long time for a surprise trip to the DL.
* Jayson Stark.
* From my Beachwood Radio Sports Hour notes file:
* "It was (Heyward's) ground ball to second with men on second and third and none out in the top of the seventh inning that [purportedly] got his manager most excited.
"I love the ground ball to second, RBI," Joe Maddon said after the game. "Second and third, I've been waiting for that play. I always call that the double jeopardy. Move 'em over and get him in. That gets so overlooked in the scheme of things. It was outstanding."
* The Slide/s: Joe Maddon is just wrong. The more he lashes out and more stubborn he is the more wrong he is.
* Lineuptista Diva:
Unprompted, Maddon brought up "twitter questions" about the lineup. Insists will continue to rotate everyone. No change there. And he likes what Heyward is doing right now, hence batting second.— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) May 31, 2018
"Joe Maddon continues to rotate his players in and out of his lineups. Tonight Ian Happ is in CF while Albert Almora Jr and Addison Russell get the day off: Ben Zobrist is at 2b with Javy Baez at SS: 'I can't emphasize enough, for those on twitter asking these questions, it's really important to balance all these guys' playing time and if you look at their at-bats right now it's pretty even.'"
Now Cubs Twitter getting into the act.
* Coffman: Memorial Cubs.
* Rick Wilkins.
57:57: James Shields Is An Asset, Lucas Giolito Is A Disappointment And Michael Kopech Is In The Major League Witness Protection Program Or Something.
* Tyler Nogood vs. Lucas Suckalotto.
* Chicago Fire On Brink Of Beachwood Sports Hour Relegation.
1:02:10: Wisconsin Dragons.
* More to come on this breaking story.
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Given all the factors, if the Sox don't land Machado, they simply just don't have the glamour and pizzazz to attract a player of his caliber.Continue reading "Get Manny!" »
Posted on Jan 14, 2019
Like his kicker, the Bears GM has been the most hit-and-miss at his job that we've ever seen in these parts.Continue reading "SportsMonday: Parkey & Pace" »
Posted on Jan 14, 2019