Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
And it's really grinding Coach's gears. Plus: Pondering The Packers, Panthers Prognosis, Jerry's Kids, All About Jay, Being The Blackhawks, and Bulls Rolling In The Deep.
:58: Pondering The Packers.
* Call 911: Coach is on fire.
* Grinding Coach's gears.
* False narratives.
Establishing the run; winning the time of possession battle.
* Don't make your offense play defense.
* Martellus Bennett scored; Marc Trestman's strategy worked.
* Willie Young forgot his tackle box at home.
* Tucker Time lasted one week.
20:30: Panthers Prognosis.
* Cam Newton ready to take off the fig leaf.
* All about Jay.
* Trestman's changed, man. It used to be about the music.
* Jerry Angelo: Guy I traded for sucks; guy I traded away is great!
* Bears offensive coordinators = Cubs managers.
* Terry Shea is now a "consultant."
* Gary Crowton was last seen in Winnipeg.
* Ron Turner is the head coach at Florida International University.
* John Shoop is the offensive coordinator for Purdue.
* Mike Martz is an analyst for Fox Sports.
* Mike Tice is the offensive line coach for the Atlanta Falcons.
* Missing Angry Matt Slauson.
* WTF North Carolina.
"[A] Mecklenburg County district judge found [Greg Hardy] guilty in July of assaulting and threatening to kill Nicole Holder, who told authorities Hardy was upset over her brief relationship with rapper Nelly after she and Hardy broke up," the Charlotte Observer explains.
"Under North Carolina law, defendants convicted of a misdemeanor by a judge can appeal for a jury trial. It's referred to as a trial de novo, which is Latin for 'anew.' In such cases, the appeals court holds a trial as if no prior trial was held."
41:46: Being The Blackhawks.
* Cap city!
* Patrick Sharp and the Knives!
* Theo Coffman!
* Jonathan Toews = Derek Jeter.
* Kevin Dineen.
50:00: Bulls Skulls.
* They call him Mister Thibs.
* Joakim Cutler.
* Rolling in the deep.
STOPPAGE TIME: 1:08.
For archives and more, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Based on risk compensation theory, rugby players tackle with their shoulders not only because they were taught that way, but because their heads are not protected with a helmet.Continue reading "Could Helmetless Tackling Training Reduce Football Head Injuries?" »
Posted on Oct 15, 2019
Bernstein & McKnight shrug off China's dystopian authoritarianism because, hey, we're all guilty.Continue reading "The NBA, China, The Score & You" »
Posted on Oct 11, 2019
In public, he says he just wants to bring joy to the fans who really own his teams. In private, he says finishing second is the best business model because it keeps fans hungry and hopeful.Continue reading "Jerry Reinsdorf Isn't In It For The Money (LOL)" »
Posted on Oct 7, 2019