Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
And it's really grinding Coach's gears. Plus: Pondering The Packers, Panthers Prognosis, Jerry's Kids, All About Jay, Being The Blackhawks, and Bulls Rolling In The Deep.
:58: Pondering The Packers.
* Call 911: Coach is on fire.
* Grinding Coach's gears.
* False narratives.
Establishing the run; winning the time of possession battle.
* Don't make your offense play defense.
* Martellus Bennett scored; Marc Trestman's strategy worked.
* Willie Young forgot his tackle box at home.
* Tucker Time lasted one week.
20:30: Panthers Prognosis.
* Cam Newton ready to take off the fig leaf.
* All about Jay.
* Trestman's changed, man. It used to be about the music.
* Jerry Angelo: Guy I traded for sucks; guy I traded away is great!
* Bears offensive coordinators = Cubs managers.
* Terry Shea is now a "consultant."
* Gary Crowton was last seen in Winnipeg.
* Ron Turner is the head coach at Florida International University.
* John Shoop is the offensive coordinator for Purdue.
* Mike Martz is an analyst for Fox Sports.
* Mike Tice is the offensive line coach for the Atlanta Falcons.
* Missing Angry Matt Slauson.
* WTF North Carolina.
"[A] Mecklenburg County district judge found [Greg Hardy] guilty in July of assaulting and threatening to kill Nicole Holder, who told authorities Hardy was upset over her brief relationship with rapper Nelly after she and Hardy broke up," the Charlotte Observer explains.
"Under North Carolina law, defendants convicted of a misdemeanor by a judge can appeal for a jury trial. It's referred to as a trial de novo, which is Latin for 'anew.' In such cases, the appeals court holds a trial as if no prior trial was held."
41:46: Being The Blackhawks.
* Cap city!
* Patrick Sharp and the Knives!
* Theo Coffman!
* Jonathan Toews = Derek Jeter.
* Kevin Dineen.
50:00: Bulls Skulls.
* They call him Mister Thibs.
* Joakim Cutler.
* Rolling in the deep.
STOPPAGE TIME: 1:08.
For archives and more, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Wendell Scott was to NASCAR what Jackie Robinson was to baseball. The difference was that Robinson played in liberal Brooklyn and had the backing of Branch Rickey, and Scott raced in the segregated South and had . . . nobody."Continue reading "Driven: The Story Of The First African American Inducted Into The NASCAR Hall Of Fame" »
Posted on Jun 20, 2017
Motivating Mike - and Matt.Continue reading "Pelfrey's Proof " »
Posted on Jun 19, 2017
And help may not be on the way. Plus: On Hahn; The Human Journey Of Scott Darling; Bears Look Good Against The Bears!; Dwyane Wade's Fake News; What Kevin Durant Has Done; The Pens & P.K.; and Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #157: The Cubs Are Officially In Trouble" »
Posted on Jun 16, 2017