Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Shifting narratives all over the landscape. Plus: The Duensing Principle, and Schweinsteiger!
2:28: Vic Fangio Slows Media's Roll.
Vic Fangio: "I think it's a wrong picture to paint that the defense was great and the rest of the team wasn't."— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) January 18, 2018
#Bears DC Vic Fangio on the strides made defensively this season: "We were 5-11. If we were a great defense, we'd have more than five wins. There's a lot of room for improvement."— Adam Jahns (@adamjahns) January 18, 2018
Vic Fangio "Do your research" pic.twitter.com/NlpKVg0ynp— ⓂarcusD (@_MarcusD2_) January 18, 2018
I think I'm the only person in Chicago who doesn't think Vic Fangio is completely irreplaceable.— Julie DiCaro (@JulieDiCaro) January 10, 2018
Probably my favorite moment from today's presser was Vic Fangio's opening statement: "Alright, let's continue this love fest. Go ahead."— Da Bears Brothers (@DaBearsBros) January 18, 2018
7:55: Skol, Vikings!
* On Case Keenum and the meritocracy.
16:17: Bells & Bulls.
* Coffman: Bulls' Sample Size No Longer Small.
20:00: The Duensing Principle.
* Fangraphs: There Are Two Things To Be Said About Brian Duensing.
25:51: The Bulls Change The Narrative.
* Butler trade working out better than expected, i.e., Lauri Markkanen is pretty good even if Jimmy remains a star. But you'd still take Butler over Markkanen and Dunn; we haven't seen Zach LaVine yet. So make no mistake, this trade isn't likely to ever be a "win."
* Niko Mirotic is for real.
* Hoiberg can coach given his kind of roster.
* Thibs time.
53:00: Corey Crawford Confusion.
Chicago Blackhawk forward called him the n-word.
* And so is Dax McCarty, more importantly.
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
This is mostly a test reaffirming how much trouble telling the truth can cause for media chatterboxes with no sense or decorum.Continue reading "How Mark Giangreco Blew Himself Up" »
Posted on Mar 5, 2021
Surely in the 120-year history of the South Side franchise no front office made such a grievous error. However, investigation and hindsight are required..Continue reading "Worst White Sox Trade Ever?" »
Posted on Mar 1, 2021
The higher purpose: Cheap-shit condos and another Starbucks.Continue reading "TrackNotes: Arlington's Amber Alert" »
Posted on Feb 26, 2021