Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
With all due respect, there seems to be just one way the McCaskeys will do the right thing. Plus: Cat Trick!; Acknowledging The Bulls' Existence; The Derrick Rose Non-Tragedy; and Should We Be Paying More Attention To Northwestern Football?
:16: Pace Case.
* Trading Places.
* The Savage Truth.
* Tony Tre McBride.
* Why Trubisky Will Have To Be To Tom Brady To Make Pace's Draft Day Deal Worth It.
* Dickerson: Was Mitchell Trubisky Worth The Price?
* Michael, George And Mommy.
* In Trestman We Trust!
* Pompeii: The problem with Ryan Pace's free agent signings.
* Assignment Desk: What Happens When Virginia Dies?
* Kid Loggains.
(To which we say, "Good!")
38:45: Cat Trick!
* Coffman: "You don't salvage a point at home against the Stars!"
* Is this the end for The Toews & Kane Show?
47:07: Acknowledging The Bulls' Existence.
* Coffman: "The bloom is off the Markkanen."
* Sidebar: The Derrick Rose Non-Tragedy.
54:37: Should We Be Paying More Attention To Northwestern Football?
* Greenberg: "I would've defied anyone to spend three-plus hours at Memorial Stadium on Saturday and try to see the glass - any glass - as half-full. The so-called Land of Lincoln rivalry game, scheduled on the final weekend of the regular season because it's supposed to be a big deal, was a fly on the rear ends of, say, Alabama-Auburn and Michigan-Ohio State. You know, the real rivalry games. Northwestern-Illinois was so irrelevant, it was almost as if it didn't exist. Fitzgerald referred to the Illini's home as a 'sleepy building.' It was a nicer way to say 'empty.'"
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
I can recall barking at my car radio asking him to at least tell me the score. But at least he lived his dreams.Continue reading "The Farmer Files" »
Posted on Apr 3, 2020
The job of the journalist is to tell the truth, not be a clubby insider. Plus: Q Life; Les Grobstein Still Employed - Others Not So Lucky; If You Love Chicago So Much Why Don't You Live There?; Bears Bargain Basement; Dippy DePaul; Ex-Cub Jhonny Pereda Makes Coronavirus History; and How Coffman Denied His Lineage To Become A Cubs Fan.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #298: With All Due Respect, Ed Farmer Was An Awful Announcer" »
Posted on Apr 3, 2020