Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Pulling Strings, Pushing Tin. Plus: Maddon's Musical Chairs; The White Sox Are Still Playing - Some Of Them Well!; Extend The Freakin' Nets Already; The Blackhawks' Very Short Preseason Is Underway And Almost Over; Hey, Doug Collins Is Back; Schweinsteiger!; Bears Barf; and Aaron Hernandez, 12-Year-Olds & CTE.
:45: Pulling Strings, Pushing Tin.
* That Game.
Javy Bleepin' Baez.— jon greenberg (@jon_greenberg) September 22, 2017
Wade Davis soft glove clap after getting the out to send it to extra innings. pic.twitter.com/BFGUzojI1j— ⓂarcusD (@_MarcusD2_) September 22, 2017
Wade Davis strikes out the side in the 10th! What a game! pic.twitter.com/FFn8wVVuaO— Kevin Marchina (@kg_holler) September 22, 2017
But . . .
How does Jon Lester play catch with his kid? Like does he just hum it in at 95, or does the kid have to chase after every throw?— Blake Jorgensen™ (@Blake_Jorgensen) September 21, 2017
And . . .
Bullpen for 4 innings pic.twitter.com/rDFOMZDYxC— Jacoby (@JacobyFC) September 22, 2017
27:28: Maddon's Musical Chairs.
* Doolittle: Cubs' Lineup Puzzle Keeps Getting More Complicated.
* Jason Heyward's WAR this season is 0.9. He's a -8.8 offensively, and a 2.8 defensively.
* NOTE: Rhodes disagrees with Coffman on the value of corner outfield defense; Heyward has four Gold Gloves and a shit-ton of defensive runs saved. Doesn't mean he shouldn't sit at times, but not ready put him on the scrap heap either.
44:12: Extend The Freakin' Nets Already!
Scouts and front office people ALWAYS sit behind a net. After a game or two you don't even know it is there.— Bill James Online (@billjamesonline) September 22, 2017
47:37: The Blackhawks' Very Short Preseason Is Underway And Almost Over!
49:46: Hey, Doug Collins Is Back!
1:00:13 Bears Barf.
* Unknown: The Bears may have to pass up a QB prospect in the first round of the coming draft who is better than Trubisky!
* Biggs: Ugh.
* Dear Dan Wiederer And Jim Coffman: The Bears Have No Chance To Beat The Steelers, C'mon!
* Bears Savior Tanner Gentry Clears Waivers - Again - And Is Re-Signed To The Practice Squad!
* Lance Briggs Now Member Of Media Contingent Preaching Accountability.
1:16:49: Aaron Hernandez, 12-Year-Olds And CTE.
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Previously I had not been aware of the inebriating effects of Bud Light. Obviously volume begins to play a role.Continue reading "A Classic Day At The Crosstown Classic" »
Posted on Sep 24, 2018
The truth comes out about Brandon Morrow, the latest reliever the Cubs manager has ruined. Plus: Addison Russell Placed On Administrative Leave; Confounding Cubs; Mitch Trubinsky; NU & The Zips; and Post-Thibodeau Stress Disorder.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #218: Maybe Joe Maddon Will Get Fired After All" »
Posted on Sep 21, 2018