Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Steve Bartman, Crane Kenney and Dusty Baker - the gang's all here! Plus: White Sox Suckage On Schedule; and Bizarro Bears.
There's a myth that the Cubs can't identify and draft major-league caliber starting pitching.
As cold evidence, they watched one of their former draft picks throttle their offense in a convincing manner Wednesday night.
Zack Godley limited the Cubs to three hits in six innings to help the Diamondbacks to a 3-0 victory at breezy Wrigley Field.
-> Zack Godley spent one season in the Cubs organization; he's in his fourth season in the Diamondbacks organization.
* "It changed everything, to be honest," Contreras said of Montero's departure. "Now I know I'll be playing every single day and have nobody looking at me the whole time."
* Pronunciation: \a-VEE-la\
* Pedro Strop is Up:
* Carl Edwards is Down:
walk and 2 hits off Edwards here. This is where yesterday's game hurts. Duensing/Wilson down. MM threw 50 on Tues.— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) August 4, 2017
Maddon noticed that as well yesterday https://t.co/Fzg7pDZd55— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) August 4, 2017
His velo is down also— Bama Bob (@ceverett03) August 4, 2017
* Joe Maddon Is Now Dusty Stupid:
Joe Maddon, on wanting more night games at Wrigley instead of back and forth: "I think a 107 years indicates it wasn't such a good idea."— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) August 4, 2017
Confirmed: Dusty thinks Cubs should have more night games as well. It's settled. Crane should be happy— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) August 4, 2017
32:21: Sock Bottom.
* Wallenstein: Keeping Moncada Company.
36:30: Peak Bears.
* Biggs: Eight Observations From Training Camp.
* But Was The Story Wrong?
* Peak Sanchez.
- The Score's Matt Spiegel this week on the Bears' quarterback situation: I want Mike Glennon to be a Top 10 quarterback this year and maybe then deal him for a fourth-rounder, like McNair and Chandler, and then maybe Mark Sanchez will want to return as a backup next year too. It's what I want to happen, not what I believe will happen.
#Bears CB Kyle Fuller sidelined today with a calf muscle injury.— Brad Biggs (@BradBiggs) August 4, 2017
* We are at Peak Leno.
* We are now at Peak Massie.
It's like calling Bobby Massie a horrible offensive lineman. He's actually an above average run blocker, major struggles in pass pro.— Bill Zimmerman (@ZimmermanSXM) July 13, 2017
* Coffman: "All this stuff continues to be what it is."
* Rhodes, Assignment Desk: Players who were in the wrong position in college because it served the interest of their coaches, not the interests of their futures.
* Dissident Smuggles Pictures Out Of Bears Camp:
Punt return drill: Tarik Cohen catches 3 balls without putting others down. Drops #4. We can't take pictures, so artist rendering: pic.twitter.com/3wufRDxEis— Patrick Finley (@patrickfinley) July 29, 2017
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
The virus doesn't care how much you want to watch a game. Plus: Other Sports Are Also Back Pending Death; Pandemic Baseball Sucks; Hub Bubs; Hall Of Fame Hossa; The Mystery Of Mitch's Motivation; Choking On Chalk; and It Was Unmistakably A Noose.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #310: Baseball Is Back! (But Is It Really?)" »
Posted on Jun 26, 2020
Walls are falling. Plus: Rob Manfred Is A Cop; Wet Hot American Long Gone Summer; Bubble Life; Better At It Than Baseball; and Belmont Betting.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #309: Life In The Fast Lane" »
Posted on Jun 19, 2020
A moment when everything seems possible. Plus: MLB Draft's Dizzying Heights Of Hype; We Blame The (Lying) Owners; The Neverending Sammy Sosa Saga; and NBA & NHL Flux.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #308: We're All NASCAR Now" »
Posted on Jun 12, 2020