Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
The media even more so than the team. Plus: Football Scrambles Brains; Crosstown Cubs; and Schweinsteiger!
:53: Bears Media Sinks As Low As Team.
* Zach Zaidman: "I don't have a problem with it."
* Brian Hanley: "It's nice to see a player being so introspective."
* David Haugh: "I was really impressed with [Mark Sanchez's] performance in front of the microphone."
* Zach Zaidman: "Mark Sanchez is a reassuring presence who won't embarrass you on the field if you have to put him in."
* Dan Bernstein plays kissy-face with Ryan Pace.
* Jason Goff drops ball on Colin Kaepernick, let's Pace off the hook.
* Goff: "What don't you like about Ryan Pace? The cupboard was bare when Pace got here. He deserves more than the three years that Phil Emery got. He gets to hire his own head coach."
* A new sympathy for poor John Fox.
Maybe the biggest misstep Fox has made, IMO. Fans would otherwise love his sense of humor and energy. Instead, they don't see it. https://t.co/irMoJpSIM6— Dan Wiederer (@danwiederer) July 27, 2017
Completely agree. https://t.co/ziASPZEdDY— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) July 27, 2017
This is the guy who has lied like a motherfucker to reporters since day one.
With today's #Bears practice closed to the media, we're back to OTA rules for the media. No tweeting until the end of practice.— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) July 28, 2017
* Zach Zaidman: "These are guys with chips on their shoulder."
* Reality check: Bears Rank 30th In NFL Preseason Power Ranking.
45:02: Football Scrambles Brains.
50:38: Crosstown Cubs.
* Tim Anderson, Kyle Schwarber, Albert Almora Jr., Javy Baez.
* Nationals, Dodgers, Brewers.
* Web Extra!: Did not enjoy Danny Parkins and Matt Spiegel regaling the audience with tales of youthful douchebaggery at the Cubby Bear. "Dbag moments," Spiegel christened them. Christ.
* Web Extra!: Also did not enjoy Adam Hoge's continued love of Hawk Harrelson, who accused John Lackey of hitting White Sox batters on purpose, which makes no sense given the game situations. Then again, Hoge thought Hawk leaving the booth to attend to a barely bruised Todd Frazier was "good work."
Still a fan.
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
What would happen if they wielded their economic and cultural power collectively?Continue reading "Black Athletes Have A Trump Card They Are Not Using Enough" »
Posted on Sep 13, 2019
(Hint: It's absurd.)Continue reading "The Truth About The New Halas Hall" »
Posted on Sep 5, 2019
The best, most comprehensive list anywhere.Continue reading "Chicago Predicts The Bears Season" »
Posted on Sep 5, 2019