Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Unlike the North Siders, the South Siders haven't revamped their whole organization - and Kenny Williams still lurks. Plus: Are The Cubs Back?; Hahn's Stockpile; The Ignominous Return Of Jay Cutler; and Schweinsteiger!
1:09: Hahn's Stockpile.
* Tito Polo.
* Jose Abreu is 30.
* Wallenstein: Meet Your 2020 White Sox.
* Buddy Bell.
* Ricky Rentamanager.
We might be talking about the same article! I'm guessing I saw it online and Jim saw it later in print, heh-heh.
* The White Sox unleashed Rick Hahn, but the Cubs revamped from top to bottom.
* Morrissey: Rick Hahn Is Very, Very Busy Proving His Baseball Smarts.
Hahn getting the credit now because he's the one pulling off these deals. Kenny will get the credit when we see the results. He's the scout.— Adam Hoge (@AdamHoge) July 19, 2017
I know MLB will never give Exec of the Yr to a rebuilding GM but there is nobody who has done more for their team than Rick Hahn. #WhiteSox— Seth Bernstein (@SethBernstein67) July 19, 2017
* The Houston Astros' general manager is Jeff Luhnow, who I was gonna say, but then I thought maybe he was one of the guys who got caught in that hacking scandal. He did come from the Cardinals.
33:12: Are The Cubs Back?
* Willson Contreras is:
Contreras hitting .396 in July. Yowsa— Jesse Rogers (@ESPNChiCubs) July 19, 2017
* Who does John Lackey think he is?
* Hector Rondon is Rondone.
* Justin Grimm is Grimmdone.
* Szczur is only hitting .228 in 114 at-bats this year, but his OBP is .360.
* K'mon, Kris.
* And then they sent him back to Iowa.
2 run triple for Tommy LaStella Cubs Take the Lead 5-4 Yesss!!!!!— Les Griggs (@lgkeno41) June 29, 2017
* Cubs' schedule.
Keep it close until that first and second week of August because the Cubs have a soft schedule coming up. Take advantage v Cin/SD/Det/Tor pic.twitter.com/JUKhdEJoqS— Free Jung Ho (@EvilNeal) July 20, 2017
For archives and other Beachwood shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
Was it the "Ricky's Boys Don't Quit" t-shirts? Or the opportunity to see if the Sox could break out of their slump at home where their record was 3-15?Continue reading "Some Fans Don't Quit" »
Posted on May 21, 2018
Tom's Magic Eight Ball sez . . .Continue reading "TrackNotes: Two Down For Justify. One To Go?" »
Posted on May 20, 2018
Meanwhile, Mad Joe Maddon is driving us mad. Plus: Bulls: We Stanks; Captain Kane; Ryan Pace Still Sucks; Last Year Was Supposed To Be Rock Bottom; Mike Trout, GOAT?; C'mon, Ricky, More Nicky!; and Schweinsteiger!Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #201: Much Ado About Machado" »
Posted on May 18, 2018