Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Trade for Trubisky suddenly not the worst by a Chicago team this year. Plus: 2017 Cubs Get Even Weirder; Are The White Sox The Next Cubs?; and Schweinsteiger!
12:10: The Butler Boondoggle.
* Take du jour:
- "[T]hey were never going to win a title with Jimmy Butler as their best player . . . " (Bernstein)
- "[T]he Bulls had gone as far as they were going to go with Butler as their best player . . . " (Haugh)
Rhodes: Such a lazy take. If you put the right pieces around Butler, the Bulls certainly could have won - or the Bulls could have made Butler the second-best player on the team by drafting, trading for or signing an even better player! So nonsensical.
* From Butler's trainer, since deleted:
[Butler's trainer Travelle Gaines] 0-82.worst culture in the league.I met drug dealers with better morals then the... https://t.co/jlmQh4ByuU— Instant NBA Updates (@InstaNBAUpdates) June 23, 2017
* Coffman via e-mail: "I have just one thing to say about the Butler trade: In its aftermath, I feel so much better about the Trubisky trade."
- From the Jimmy Butler vault:
37:20: Blackhawks Hold Own Beer!
* The real news happened after the show:
But what up, Mark Lazerus?
Friday, 11:17 p.m.: Saad is younger. He's more rounded. He's locked up for longer. And he makes the Hawks better."
Saturday, 11:22 a.m.: "[T]hey probably aren't better today than they were last week."
Granted, maybe Lazerus thinks Saad makes the Hawks better but losing Hjalmarsson cancels that out, but it all happened at the same time Friday morning.
* Coffman via e-mail: "This is a classic example of what we always talk about - other teams have TVs too and the Hawks weren't going to get anything for Seabrook and not much for Keith, so they traded their only D-man with real value."
39:02: 2017 Cubs Get Even Weirder.
* Anthony Rizzo leading off, Kyle Schwarber in the minors and Donald Trump as president.
* Don't hold their beer!
54:51: Are The White Sox The Next Cubs?
* Yes, unless you hold their beer!
Disco Danny O'Shea at Beachwood HQ in AnySquared Studio.
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
If the regulation had been altered as Perdue wanted, it would have been a boon for some of his largest donors. Perdue has received hundreds of thousands of dollars in campaign contributions from the owners of professional sports clubs, including now-fellow Georgia Sen. Kelly Loeffler, who co-owns Atlanta's WNBA team, the Dream.Continue reading "Georgia Senator David Perdue Privately Pushed For A Tax Break For Rich Team Owners" »
Posted on Nov 22, 2020
Evading guidelines meant to save lives because for some reason the games must go on.Continue reading "New Mexico Basketball Teams Flee To Texas COVID Hotspots" »
Posted on Nov 22, 2020
Country on a sportswashing spree.Continue reading "Formula One's Dirty Saudi Deal" »
Posted on Nov 10, 2020