Beachwood Sports ArchiveA monthly look back
Beachwood Sports VideoPlease Stop Believing 99 Years of Cub Losses The 1908 Song Blame It On Bartman We Can't Wait 100 Years Dusty Must Get Fired
Search The Beachwood Reporter
Subscribe to the Newsletter
Trade for Trubisky suddenly not the worst by a Chicago team this year. Plus: 2017 Cubs Get Even Weirder; Are The White Sox The Next Cubs?; and Schweinsteiger!
12:10: The Butler Boondoggle.
* Take du jour:
- "[T]hey were never going to win a title with Jimmy Butler as their best player . . . " (Bernstein)
- "[T]he Bulls had gone as far as they were going to go with Butler as their best player . . . " (Haugh)
Rhodes: Such a lazy take. If you put the right pieces around Butler, the Bulls certainly could have won - or the Bulls could have made Butler the second-best player on the team by drafting, trading for or signing an even better player! So nonsensical.
* From Butler's trainer, since deleted:
[Butler's trainer Travelle Gaines] 0-82.worst culture in the league.I met drug dealers with better morals then the... https://t.co/jlmQh4ByuU— Instant NBA Updates (@InstaNBAUpdates) June 23, 2017
* Coffman via e-mail: "I have just one thing to say about the Butler trade: In its aftermath, I feel so much better about the Trubisky trade."
- From the Jimmy Butler vault:
37:20: Blackhawks Hold Own Beer!
* The real news happened after the show:
But what up, Mark Lazerus?
Friday, 11:17 p.m.: Saad is younger. He's more rounded. He's locked up for longer. And he makes the Hawks better."
Saturday, 11:22 a.m.: "[T]hey probably aren't better today than they were last week."
Granted, maybe Lazerus thinks Saad makes the Hawks better but losing Hjalmarsson cancels that out, but it all happened at the same time Friday morning.
* Coffman via e-mail: "This is a classic example of what we always talk about - other teams have TVs too and the Hawks weren't going to get anything for Seabrook and not much for Keith, so they traded their only D-man with real value."
39:02: 2017 Cubs Get Even Weirder.
* Anthony Rizzo leading off, Kyle Schwarber in the minors and Donald Trump as president.
* Don't hold their beer!
54:51: Are The White Sox The Next Cubs?
* Yes, unless you hold their beer!
Disco Danny O'Shea at Beachwood HQ in AnySquared Studio.
For archives and other shows, see The Beachwood Radio Network.
-More from Beachwood Sports »
We've been offered the Kool-Aid by the Sox PR gurus. Like most fans, I very much want to drink the Kool-Aid, but I've never been fond of the lemon-lime that they're offering. I like the red kind. The cherry. Once it's an option, give me a pint.Continue reading "Welcome To The Regression" »
Posted on Apr 23, 2018
The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #197: On The Baseball Beat With The Cubs Conundrum And The White Sox Slog
Herky-jerky season finally coming into focus, sorta. Plus: The Bread Man!; Bumbling Bears; and Seat Geek Stadium.Continue reading "The Beachwood Radio Sports Hour #197: On The Baseball Beat With The Cubs Conundrum And The White Sox Slog" »
Posted on Apr 21, 2018